Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I purchased the new lawnmower yesterday and expect it late this coming week I have turned my interest 180 degrees to the snowy side of things now.

SO the decision for me is to either weld skis on to the cast iron skids the Toro will come with or have steel skids made for it.

If you have several operating conditions what have you done with your cast iron skids?replaced them or welded on them? I do not want to start vacuuming up dirt from the ground when clearing with the skids all the way down.

I need the floatation for the second driveway which is grass and dirt and it may not freeze at all and the pups struggle with it to open it up.

Thanks much

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I bought Armor skids and am very happy with them, my own driveway is pavement but the other 2 i do on is fine dirt gravel with grass. I also make dogie paths on grass . These skids work very well for me.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Hanky,

Thanks for refreshing my memory about the ArmorSkids; Once I have the new snow mule in the stable I will order the correct size ArmorSkids for it.
I have to tell my neighbor about theArmorSkids as he has a new 2019 Ariens that he bought last year.
Now all I have to do is start shopping and not drool on the keyboard while I shop.

Leon

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OH MY GOD YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUY TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep them in a warm place especially in winter.

They were $64.00 last year, oh my poor sheep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy the Fluid Film hand pump sprayer or dedicate a plastic one gallon sprayer for it so you can coat the snow mule with several coats letting the dry between coats using a clean shop rag to wipe it in firmly between coats and let it dry for a few days.

Of course if you have hot weather and sun that will let it dry sooner between coats.

You can use it on the lawn mower deck too and avoid using the poison stuff no stick stuff they sell.
If you can take the mower to the car wash and pressure wash the underside to get rid of all the hidden dirt and grass dust first that would be best to start the mowing season.
If you can hook up the garden hose to a hot water faucet to dissolve the grass dust off before you coat it that's ok too.

Coating the underside of the discharge guard shield helps to keep the grass from sticking too so you could do that for the mowing season.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts