Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought a leaf blower back to life a couple of weeks ago, and had to put some 2 cycle gas in it, well now I have almost a gallon of 2 cycle gas sitting in the garage with no use for it. How do I get rid of it? Should I sneak a little it in my snow blower every once and a while?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I brought a leaf blower back to life a couple of weeks ago, and had to put some 2 cycle gas in it, well now I have almost a gallon of 2 cycle gas sitting in the garage with no use for it. How do I get rid of it? Should I sneak a little it in my snow blower every once and a while?
If the gas was fresh (no longer than 6 months old) feel free to dump it into your car or truck fuel tank, or mix it with an equal amount of fresh 2 stroke mix and use it as needed. Been there, done that.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
if you have no use for it give it to a neighbor that can use it

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
my county (Monroe county NY) will take it at the recycling center.
Call your county or town highway department and see if you can bring it somewhere for recycling.

My Echo gas weedeater/trimmer uses about 3/4 of a gallon of gas/oil mix a season..
every spring I have that 1/4 gallon left over..now a year old..and I dont want to use it in the trimmer..So I dump it into an empty milk jug, and also add in the used oil from oil changes from the lawnmower and tractor to it..I write "used gas/oil mix" on it, and take about a gallon a year over for recycling.

Scot

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
I usually just keep it until next year. Sometimes I have it around for 2 or 3 years and it never gives me trouble. Some guys say dump it into a full tank of gas in your car as it will be pretty well diluted and not harm anything. Some just dump it into their lawn mowers and say a little once in a while won't hurt. I have seen a couple guys post that they always used mixed gas in their engines.

As was pointed out, if you have a neighbor with a 2 stroke blower you could probably work something out with them.

When all else fails go out and look for a 2 stroke single stage blower for yourself. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Our lawn tractor holds a couple of gallons, I just dump it in the tractor to about 1/4-1/2 tank then top it off with no mixed fuel.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I usually just keep it until next year. Sometimes I have it around for 2 or 3 years and it never gives me trouble. Some guys say dump it into a full tank of gas in your car as it will be pretty well diluted and not harm anything. Some just dump it into their lawn mowers and say a little once in a while won't hurt. I have seen a couple guys post that they always used mixed gas in their engines.

As was pointed out, if you have a neighbor with a 2 stroke blower you could probably work something out with them.

When all else fails go out and look for a 2 stroke single stage blower for yourself. :)
I had a **** enough of a time convincing the "boss" to let me get this snow blower :D

·
Registered
864 Posts

burn it in your 4 stroke machines mixed with straight gas. it will actually lube the valves and act like a top end lube for the engine. don't make a habit of it, but the "lead additive" sold today and in decades past, if just that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts