Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I can find any suitable jobber replacement from a local autoparts shop, perhaps even led.

I didn't post this in MTD forum because I think this is a common socket and would apply to almost any blower.
Product Circuit component Passive circuit component Font Auto part

· Registered
1,880 Posts
it's an 1141 with a Ba15s single bayonet base

· Registered
456 Posts
usually have a stamping of the type of bulb on the base? i agree with another poster as many lights could phisycally fit.. but the wattage might be way to high for the stator to have you with decent light.. the higher the bulbs rated output goes.. the dimmer it gets once you pass 18w ( a 21w bulb would give off better light than a 27w bulb in this case) but go under 18w and your shortening the life of that bulb ;) ask me how i know lol

· Registered
632 Posts
Possible solution: Replace that bulb with LED, get lots of light without risking the capacity of the alternator coil. This one from Amazon would work fine, as an example.

The output from alternator coils is typically alternating current (AC), while many automotive LEDs demand direct current (DC) to work. There are some LED landscape lighting replacement bulbs (from local home center) that have the same base and will take the AC, but they tend not to be particularly bright. You can add diodes or a small bridge rectifier between the alternator leads and an automotive LED to change the AC to DC to make that work.

There are some good details in the general forum in the Upgrading to LEDs thread. It's a bit of reading, but eventually gives you all the info you need.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts