Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a lightly used Ariens model 921046 Delux 28 for a very fair off season price.
Original owner purchased it in Sept. 2017. I believe from what I have read the auto turn feature was improved after the 2016 model.
My machine could be a 2016 left over or a new 2017 model.
It was purchased at a local hardware store and model year is not on bill of sale.
Any way I can tell?

Thanks
Ray M

·
Registered
210 Posts
I just purchased a lightly used Ariens model 921046 Delux 28 for a very fair off season price.
Original owner purchased it in Sept. 2017. I believe from what I have read the auto turn feature was improved after the 2016 model.
My machine could be a 2016 left over or a new 2017 model.
It was purchased at a local hardware store and model year is not on bill of sale.
Any way I can tell?

Thanks
Ray M
If it is an improved version, then good for you. If not, then don't worry. I think all they did to fix it was to move the wheel axle toward the front a little. The poly skid shoe and correct tire pressure on both sides should fix that problem for you. Even on the newer models, if you don't have those adjusted correctly, they still steer all over the place.

·
Registered
994 Posts
The engine serial # in the first 2 digits gives the year the AX engine was built. The Ariens model year is the following year. The engine numbers can be seen on right side of engine under the starter motor etched into the metal. There may also be a white sticker there with the model # and below it the serial #. Attached is a pic of my engine data, built in 2014 so model year 2015.

·
Registered
994 Posts
The Ariens model years for Auto-Turn showing the year the axle position changed:

Year 1 of Auto-Turn: 2014 model year, machines sold Autumn 2013 - original axle position.
Year 2 of Auto-Turn: 2015 model year, machines sold Autumn 2014 - original axle position.
Year 3 of Auto-Turn: 2016 model year, machines sold Autumn 2015 - original axle position.
Year 4 of Auto-Turn: 2017 model year, machines sold Autumn 2016 - new, corrected axle position.
Year 5 of Auto-Turn: 2018 model year, machines sold Autumn 2017 - new, corrected axle position.
(From @sscotsman)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts