Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t see where you can tell by the snapper serial number. It has a Tecumseh HMSK80 engine with a DOM code of 4230A. Researching that it said all 4 digit (number) DOM were made “prior” to 2004 and that the first digit represents the year. So is this as old as 1994?

By the way, let me puff my chest out on this find. This thing doesn’t look like it has been used 5 times. It is built like an absolute tank! The carb was one of the worst I have ever seen. Many minutes with carb cleaner and a brass brush to get the bowl clean. I do have the heater box, just not installed yet.

Anyhow, got it for $30!!!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting
Water Gas Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Motor vehicle

·
Registered
83 Posts
I, have a 8265. My DOM is 6227D. If I am correct mine was made in 1996. is that just for the motor. The ser. no on the blower is 75095453. Been looking to see if I could find out when this was made. bought it at a garage sale. Replaced the belts. did a little work on it. I, will see how it well, it will work this winter.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I don’t see where you can tell by the snapper serial number. It has a Tecumseh HMSK80 engine with a DOM code of 4230A. Researching that it said all 4 digit (number) DOM were made “prior” to 2004 and that the first digit represents the year. So is this as old as 1994?

By the way, let me puff my chest out on this find. This thing doesn’t look like it has been used 5 times. It is built like an absolute tank! The carb was one of the worst I have ever seen. Many minutes with carb cleaner and a brass brush to get the bowl clean. I do have the heater box, just not installed yet.

View attachment 183566 View attachment 183567 View attachment 183568
I had one of those it was a beast and with an impeller kit would handle anything with ease.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your feedback. Based on what you shared, my guess is this was made in 1994 and not 2004. Wow, almost 30 years old and it almost looks like new.

Ok, those of you that have them if you sold it, what would you ask for it in your area? $550?

·
Registered
804 Posts

View attachment 183566 View attachment 183567 View attachment 183568
awesome find! real NOS.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Hehhehe .... there are so many great, solid machines out there that are free or almost free. With usually some maintenance on steroids, and a few parts and some paint, most of them can be brought back into service and give you many years of solid use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts