Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an attempt to get to know you folks a little better, what is on the menu for your Christmas meal or meals?

Here is a little snap shot into my world.

Last night - Peach moonshine (mother in law is here for 3 days) slow cooked a 6 pound crown pork roast, with green beans and garlic smashed potatoes, for us and some friends. Mrs Liftoff NAILED it again this year, perfect blend of spices and able to cut the pork with a fork. Nuttn worse than tuff, over cooked pork.

Today, 14 pound boneless prime rib, cheesy hash brown potatoes, and maple syrup glazed carrots. More peach moonshine I'm sure, as there will be 14 people destroying the house today. 2 of them are toddler grandchildren if you get my drift, but I love them dearly!

Yup, I eat, and drink.

Who's next to share??

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Yum, sounds delicious!

Pass that moonshine over...:roll eyes:

Prime rib for today's feast.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Oven roasted chicken
Mashed potatoes
My homemade gravey
Cranberry sauce
My stuffing
Corn
Sweet Bonny's drop dead delicious pecan pie.
I'm hungry!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
We do Christmas Eve homemade pizza at the in-laws. For desert lots of boxed chocolate candy. Christmas day back to in-laws for xmas brunch casserole bake. Then for dinner turkey, ham and all the trimmings. Desert if you have room is usually several kinds of pie. Of course eggnog with lots of rum, and from time to time shots of hot dam*.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All GREAT sounding items. Keep 'em coming, as schedules permit of course.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
being single I'm not cooking but mom said something about a small ham with mac and cheese. she will probably make some greens or green beans. said she was going to make a peach cobbler and a red velvet cake too..my GF said she would surprise me and asked if I would make some apple pie

·
Registered
78 Posts
Last night was ham and the other fixings, tonight is a roast turkey. I have been working on the bird all morning, lots of black pepper and brown sugar for a spicy and sweet taste. And all the other traditional side dishes to go along with it.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Ham and all the usual sides, and deserts, deserts, deserts.... And kids already destroyed the house.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
And now, I'm hitting the Sam Adams holiday box... I wish they would sell the Fezziwig Ale on it's own.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
A little late, but I'm still eating leftovers. Nothing fancy, pot roast made in a pressure cooker. Potatos, carrots and a big rutabega. Pumpkin pie for dessert.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
there is plenty of ham left but most of the side dishes are gone. I took a break today and stopped at del taco while I was out and about

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I took a break today and stopped at del taco while I was out and about
Del Taco,,,,,, there's a blast from the past. Would hit that place in SoCal back in the day when I would travel there for work. Not bad food, keep in mind this was 20 years ago to.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
I like root beer schnapps myself

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HEY LIFTOFF just what is peach moonshine.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
It is moonshine that is infused with peaches. I used to have to drive to Watertown SD and buy it by the case until a year ago, and now there are a few select liquor stores in the metro that carry it.

Going a little deeper moonshine is what I would call the pure state of whiskey before it is aged on oak barrels. Oak barrels is what gives it the dark color. Side note, I have been thru the Jack Daniels distillery a few times. Moonshine is clear, some times known as white lightning. I keep a jar in the freezer just for sipping purposes. Candy for the god's......................

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
moonshine is clear and if you shake it it should bubble up and dissipate almost like water. the longer the bubbles take to dissipate the moonshine ain't so good so I've been told

1 - 20 of 26 Posts