Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the compact if it will handle what you need it for. Those with long, wide chores will want something bigger, that's all. MH

·
Registered
92 Posts
They are great machines .I know a few people with the compact 22 an they have said nothing but good an they were suprised what it can do.i personally ,if im going to purchase a 2 stage blower im going to try an buy as large possible but also I have a snow throwing distance obsession apparently. Im one of them lol.on a budget of course.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not on a budget. it looks like the compact has just as tall of augers.
I worry if I buy a new machine, we won't get over 4 inches of snow for the next 10 years.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
I don't quite understand something here. I see your screen name and you're asking about a compact.:confused: Do you own an HS35? If so you sure don't need a compact. You need a little ol' 20" single stage.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't quite understand something here. I see your screen name and you're asking about a compact.:confused: Do you own an HS35? If so you sure don't need a compact. You need a little ol' 20" single stage.
I have a HS35 but it isn't enough. need something bigger. the chute isn't even as high as the snow, and it takes forever.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I'm not on a budget. it looks like the compact has just as tall of augers.
I worry if I buy a new machine, we won't get over 4 inches of snow for the next 10 years.
I look at that like this. If you don't get the snow, what you've bought is cheap insurance against having to shovel. :). Last winter we had one of those once in 50 year winters and me with no snowblower. I was lifting snow 8 feet with a shovel to keep my pathways clear. This year, we haven't had much snow at all, but I have a snowblower that will handle what we had last winter in a pinch and the regular winters with ease. Great blower, but (this year at least) not much snow. I'm OK with that.:p

·
Registered
127 Posts
Don't know anything really about the compacts, I had up until this afternoon a Craftsman 5/24 that I put a 6hp my son picked up the Craftsman this afternoon. When it came time for a new blower I wanted something bigger so got the 28 Deluxe the 24 Compact probably would have done everything I needed but as I like to think better to have and not need then to need and not have.
I was also considering the 24 Deluxe but a few extra $$$ should equal less time spent outside that and the fact that HD only had a 28 Deluxe kinda cinched it for me.

·
Registered
248 Posts
bought my first snowblower in 2009 after 15 inch storm. before that i had the mentality that shoveling snow was good excersize but after shoveling deep snow i realized i had turned into my father. a chubby out of shape couch potatoe.
there were no snowblowers to be sold anywhere in my area and i live in a densly populated area with many home depots, lowes and megamarts.
wound up driving to a home depot that said they had two left.
before that i never heard of ariens but thats what i got. compact 24. so far absolutely no complaints. had a big storm around two years ago. i think it was around 17" and i had reservations before i started but it handled it pretty good.
only thing that pissed me off a little was that i thought it was 9 hp untill i got it home and read the little tiny 'ft torque' letters under the giant 9 on the engine. never heard of ft torque before and was a little dissapointed when i found out it's probaly 6 or 7 hp but it has done very well every time and always starts on first or second pull.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts