Snowblower Forum banner

What is the Largest snowfall you cleared with your snowblower? (DRIFTS DON'T COUNT)

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So what is the deepest snowfall you have had to tackle with your snowbeast? DRIFTS DON'T COUNT!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
This is actually a pretty cool topic to see.
Back when CT was hit by Blizzard Nemo, my neighborhood had received just under 4 feet of snow...it was a wild time, to say the least.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yep... I had over 44" in some areas (no they were not drifts...) I was located in Ansonia... My Husquvarna 32" got it done, but threw a belt at the very end and didnt have any replacements... Had to shovel the end of the driveway by hand and couldnt get out anywhere...

Roads were impassable for about 2 days afterward. And on top of that I had one tennant who is a freaking idiot, thought he would be able to get out with his corolla...

Either way. I hope to God I never see that much snow unless I'm at the top of a mountain and skiing down it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yep... I had over 44" in some areas (no they were not drifts...) I was located in Ansonia... My Husquvarna 32" got it done, but threw a belt at the very end and didnt have any replacements... Had to shovel the end of the driveway by hand and couldnt get out anywhere...

Roads were impassable for about 2 days afterward. And on top of that I had one tennant who is a freaking idiot, thought he would be able to get out with his corolla...

Either way. I hope to God I never see that much snow unless I'm at the top of a mountain and skiing down it.
It's funny how that storm turned out, in regards to my town and the amount of snow. As I mentioned, I measured about 47inches of snow throughout my yard and neighbors (no drifts), but I had friends in other parts of town with only 30-34 inches of snow. Quite odd...

Edit: sorry superedge, I don't mean to derail the thread

·
Registered
668 Posts
This thread is useless without pictures. :D

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
a few years after getting the toro 2450E all of my customers had 18 inches of snow on their property. at the time I didn't own a two stage snowblower

·
Registered
250 Posts
last winter was the worst in recent memory. one storm was 19", followed by a deep freeze and another 15" then another deep freeze and a couple more smaller storms
I hope to use the blower once or twice this year on some 8" fluffy snow. no more blizzards.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Interesting pole Super. Job well done!!

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
I thought my 36" in 24 hours was bad enough back in April 1994 when I lived in Minnesota.

These guys in Colorado really need a big machine !!
The greatest 24-hour snowfall officially measured in the world was the 75.8” that fell at Silver Lake, Colorado (in the mountains just west of Boulder) on April 14-15, 1921. The storm total was an amazing 95.0” over a 32½ hour period.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
THE HALLOWEEN storm we got in 91. here in the twin cites. the snowblower I had could not take it. that is when it was time to pony up the cash for THE POWERSHIFT I got new in the fall of 1992.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
216 Posts
This is actually a pretty cool topic to see.
Back when CT was hit by Blizzard Nemo, my neighborhood had received just under 4 feet of snow...it was a wild time, to say the least.
Yea...that was a big one ;)
This is what I looked at when I opened the garage door :eek:

·
Registered
87 Posts
THE HALLOWEEN storm we got in 91. here in the twin cites. the snowblower I had could not take it. that is when it was time to pony up the cash for THE POWERSHIFT I got new in the fall of 1992.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

This was the first winter in our house, the roads were so bad for weeks after with the wash board effect!

·
Registered
95 Posts
My dog loves the snow, but even this was beyond her capabilities... and she is a fairly lanky tall Pitbull.

This was probably the lowest part of the snow that I had to clear:

·
Registered
725 Posts
Probably in the 24-30 inch range. Deep snow can be a project but it's just a matter of doing it. A much bigger challenge is a moderate storm with a very wet ending, that can be hard to move especially where I have a big area that requires some re-throwing to get it out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts