Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awful slow in this Ariens Forum this time of year, how about a quiz to liven things up?

What on earth is this woman doing?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks like a single stage style auger and controls in a two stage style housing/bucket and chute. But it's not cleaning right down to the pavement like single stage blowers normally do. And lastly, most importantly - there is NO snow on the trees. Zero. NONE.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like a single stage style auger and controls in a two stage style housing/bucket and chute. But it's not cleaning right down to the pavement like single stage blowers normally do.
Oh it cleans right down to the surface all right, the concept wouldn't work if it didn't.
And lastly, most importantly - there is NO snow on the trees. Zero. NONE.
So not fresh snow, noted, look at those snow banks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
She is clearly walking her dog.

It is Photoshop. she has the same body gesture in all 3 photos. It is just different angles. Even her shadow is at the wrong direction. The snow stream in the last picture looks so fake.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well if the augers are the hint I'm still lost.😉🤔
I'm assuming they're turning but hard to tell from a still picture

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well if the augers are the hint I'm still lost.😉🤔
I'm assuming they're turning but hard to tell from a still picture
To be fair I'm assuming those are the augers after studying the photos, Look at the rear wheels....and as you can see in the last photo, it is clearing right to the surface,

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I'm not an Ariens guy, but I know that is a less popular model since the wheels are not power driven and you have to push it through the snow.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm not an Ariens guy, but I know that is a less popular model since the wheels are not power driven and you have to push it through the snow.
If that's the case maybe she's pushing it to the end of the driveway and leaving it there..!🤔

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
If that's the case maybe she's pushing it to the end of the driveway and leaving it there..!🤔
Although not wheel propelled, it is pulled forward by the rubber bladed auger, just like a single stage. There was some discussion about them here-

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Yeah that's what I thought too, until I owned one and was able to put it to use. Most front tine rototillers aren't wheel driven either. Neither are single stage snow throwers and push lawnmowers. But as anyone who's operated a modern Single stage thrower can tell you, they can actually clear more snow faster, with less effort than an older disk drive and other compacts (in certain circumstances).
And BTW, It's Ironic a non Ariens guy kinda put his finger on the problem with the photos, It's not a less popular model, It's a non existent model that hasn't been produced in decades. Why would professionally staged photos be produced in the summer of 2020, of some woman tooling around with a long defunct concept model that no longer exists?

·
Registered
242 Posts
It is not a concept. I have seemed it for sale in my area before. I already knew it was a push snowblower with those skinny wheels. Also, there is nothing in the photos that indicate summer of 2020. It hard to know what you want for the answer, so everyone win and you lose.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The first two posters already said that it is a two-stage with single-stage handling, so they know.

Two stages mean auger + impeller. You don't need to have drive to make it a two-stages.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is not a concept. I have seemed it for sale in my area before. I already knew it was a push snowblower with those skinny wheels. Also, there is nothing in the photos that indicate summer of 2020. It hard to know what you want for the answer, so everyone win and you lose.
You've never seen this model before and I could prove it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
You've never seen this model before and I could prove it.
Maybe not that model, but a similar Ariens model. It had like 3.5 HP up to 5 HP. It had those skinny bicycle wheels. It looked exactly like that. I have seemed many vintage snowblowers like that. No one wants to push those heavy snowblowers through 10" of snow, that is why they are not popular. On a single-stage, at least the paddles help propel it forward. I think the current Toro SnowMaster 824 QXE is using the same concept, but better. It doesn't has drive.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts