Snowblower Forum banner

What's Your Favourite Season of the Year?

• Spring

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Summer

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Autumn

• Winter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like every season alike

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a poll:

What's Your Favourite Season of the year?

Spring, summer, autumn, or winter?

At the bottom I put the choice 'I like every season alike' for those who

find it too hard to decide which season they like best.:)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Summer without a doubt.
I actually like hot weather and have no problem at all with the 90 degree temperatures. In fact, I would be happy if it never got below 75 degrees.
I love being outside, riding the motorcycle, boating, baseball games.
When we had a lake home, I almost went into a depression mode when we had to close it up for the winter. Putting the motorcycle away for the winter is almost painful.
And yes, we have done the skiing, skating, tobogganing, snowmobile thing, but those just made winter bearable. Well, almost bearable.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I must be sick

I can think of something I love doing for every season.
spring and fall.......fishing and fishing, a little golf
spring and summer.......fishing, golf, motorcycle racing, boating, muscle car cruising
fall and winter......motorcycling, boating, snowmobiling, snow blowing

It seems at the end of every season I get a short day of depression, thinking about what activity is going to end. Then I remember the activity I look forward to and all is good again!:D
We just got about 5" of new snow and I had a ball blowing it last night with my trusted old Toro S-140......(nick named mini-me). The city plow came by as I got to the bottom of the drive. That was fun clearing it out before he came back around for the second pass.:cool:
I just keep wishing we would get dumped on so I can play with the big dog.
Craftsman model 247.88690 28" thrower with a Briggs 1150 series.

Right now I'm off to the shop to play with my Craftsman 5/22 and my Polaris XC600 snowmobile.
I guess right now, winter is my favorite!

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
I like them all, but if I had to pick one above the rest it would have to be fall. The fresh air, color of the leaves.
No, wait, winter, newly fallen snow, brisk walks in the woods.
Nah, spring, things turning green again, life renewed.
But then, summer, out door fun, canoeing, hiking...

Ah heck, I like them all.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
First year I was retired (2007) I went to Texas for the winter because that is what old people are supposed to do. Head south to warmer weather. Bought a winter place down there figuring we would use it every winter. Well, I was wrong. We missed our winter wonderland.

Sold the place and are staying in Michigan where both of us were born. “Too many Texans down there” is what I tell anyone who asks why we didn’t like it. Also the weather is messed up.

As I concession to Michigan and since we are staying here winters I bought a snow blower, snowmobile, and bigger plow tractor.

I will not say that winter is my favorite, but it’s necessary to a good balanced life. Without winter there is no spring renewal to excite the soul.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Winter !!!!!!!!!!!!
Because I like to see all the other people miserable like me dealing with snowblowing, driving in it, and being frozen to the bone all the time, but the best is getting hit by snowballs from the nieghbor kids.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts