Snowblower Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
The guides may need to be adjusted to keep the belt up. Meaning the slack kept up while the brake presses the lower part to the lower pulley, and the slack keeps the belt away from the upper engine pulley.
Knowing the correct belt will help too.
it is all easier said than done especially since the engine sits on an isolated plate with rubber mounts that allow the engine to move some. like i said it is a bad design

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks guys, I think we're getting close. I found the correct belt listed on my other computer. It is 35" long. Unfortunately the other computer went black and stayed black. I will start with the belt guides and will look again for the correct belt.

Tony, in the picture with the belt off the the engine pully is only off the pully because I pushed it off to show how loose the belt was.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
you should look at the pictures again. that is how this machine works. the drive system works the exact same as the auger system. you pull the handle it tightens the belt. the drive plate does not move.

i personally would look for another machine or live with it as is. i had one of these and the can be extremely finicky and very hard to make it not creep along. it is a flaw in their design. they likely work fine when new but just another poorly designed snowblower.
Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
While trying to solve the creeping problem I noticed sheet metal belt guides on the left side of the machine from the operator's position. I've probably been staring at them for months. I bent one in toward the belt and it helped quite a bit. I then adjusted the clutch cable. The machine still creeps forward a bit. You are correct, it is a bad design. I am going to button it up and give it back to my mailman. I will explain the problem to him and tell him to be careful. I am done. Thank you for all the help. Dave

21 - 29 of 29 Posts