Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in August I treated myself and ordered a Platinum 24 SHO. My dealer said they would get them 'before winter'. I said OK, not much I can do with it in the summer anyway. Now I am hearing about companies having supply chain issues and part shortages etc... I called my dealer and they said "it'll be here in November", which seems to be cutting it a little close IMO.

Should I be worried? Has Ariens had any supply issues? Have they started shipping new models yet? Or is it just that my dealer hasn't placed his order yet? So much anxiety over a snowblower.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Someone posted a photo of the new Ariens in stock at a big box store today, so they are shipping them.

I would suspect there won't be the same output at the American factory as previous years, due to offshore supply shortages, mainly engines made in China .

I would keep in touch with your dealer over the next 4 -6 weeks, squeaky wheel gets the grease.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
My 2 older Ariens 10000 series are in stock, and running great .... :)

Ohhh, and my new Ariens 932 series I got with no engine, which I put a 7HP tecumseh on, and my new Cub Cadet I fixed, and my JD 732 I restored, as well as my Dad's Yardman 7100 series ... yeah, I am all set with my personal fleet .... :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the same boat here in WI. Just ordered a Platinum 24 SHO today. Dealer had plenty of Deluxe and regular models in stock but no platinum or pro models. He said " before the snow flies"

·
Super Moderator
1,818 Posts
This has been discussed in other threads... and I think it's safe to say that expectations of previous years are no longer the norm.

Ordered a new machine? Cross your fingers, pray, do the snowblower dance... all three maybe.

If all that fails, as mentioned there are plenty of old workhorses out there just waiting for another lease on life.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Looks like it is going to be a season for selling used snow blowers at premium prices.
I would start looking now and find a decent one that will meet your needs.
If your new machine comes in, you will probably be able to sell the used one for more than you paid, especially after the first snow storm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The dealer I went to had plenty of Ariens snowblowers in stock. Just the Commercial and Platinum models haven't shown up yet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks Joe Biden
Yeah don't think he is at fault for the worldwide worker shortage, material shortage, people quiting their manufacturing and transportation jobs. Keep your personal political belief out of this and stay on subject unless you have factual, evidence based information that you can supply as proof to these personal political claims, otherwise it is just an “personal opinion” that has no facts to back up the useless claim. Keep this thread on subject.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yeah don't think he is at fault for the worldwide worker shortage, material shortage, people quiting their manufacturing and transportation jobs. Keep your personal political belief out of this and stay on subject unless you have factual, evidence based information that you can supply as proof to these personal political claims, otherwise it is just an “personal opinion” that has no facts to back up the useless claim. Keep this thread on subject.
i don't answer to you!

·
Registered
38 Posts
i don't answer to you!
Your right but your also and adult acting like a child with that comment and without the evidence to support your claims just make yourself sound and look foolish. My toddler has a better attitude than half the adults these days..........

But I digress.

I am personally waiting on the new LED replacement housing for my 24 Platinum but so far no one has an in stock date on it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts