Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in August I treated myself and ordered a Platinum 24 SHO. My dealer said they would get them 'before winter'. I said OK, not much I can do with it in the summer anyway. Now I am hearing about companies having supply chain issues and part shortages etc... I called my dealer and they said "it'll be here in November", which seems to be cutting it a little close IMO.

Should I be worried? Has Ariens had any supply issues? Have they started shipping new models yet? Or is it just that my dealer hasn't placed his order yet? So much anxiety over a snowblower.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just found this article in the Milwaukee Business Journal, unfortunately I don't have subscription

I'm not feeling very confident I'm going to get the blower I ordered. May have to make alternate plans.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Thanks, I am keeping my 37 year old John Deere 826 until I get the Ariens. It still runs, just doesn't throw snow very far.
When I moved earlier this year I gave away my 20+? year old Murray to the neighbors. I always ended up blowing their driveway anyway. It was underpowered, didn't throw very far and I figured with the new house and bigger driveway I should treat myself. Wondering now if I should have held on to the old Murray for a little while longer.

I'll call my dealer again in a week or two but I might just have to bite the bullet and buy an old used one for a backup.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Just got off the phone with my dealer, they said that Ariens "just got the engines" and that they are still expecting their shipment within the next few weeks.
<shrug> never expected so much anxiety over a snowblower.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Just called my local dealer "should have them before Thanksgiving"

Thankfully we don't usually get a big snow around here until the middle of December.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Stolen from Facebook. New 24 Platinum. I’m Uber jealous over the auger box LED light and electric chute controls. Damn, wish I waited a year in getting one…..
I want that LED auger box light as an accessory to buy….
Thanks for those pics. that is one sweet looking machine and is the exact model I ordered, 921066. Very glad to see that some of them have started shipping at least. Any idea where the owner of that one is located?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Have you gotten the machine yet
Nope. And I have stopped calling my dealer asking when it will arrive. The season is almost over for me anyway. Only had two events, 1st was easily pushable, neighbor helped with the second one. Doubt we will get anything else of significance this year. My order is still open at my dealer but by the time it comes in, if ever, I'll be surprised if I still have the money. It was supposed to be a present for myself but its more of a heartache now. Might end up buying a clunker off Craigslist in June again.

Lessen learned, don't sell the old blower until you have the new one in hand.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
I'm still waiting for my dealer to call me. They still have my $100 deposit from last September.

Although at this point I think I might save the $2500 and buy something used over the summer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Back in August I treated myself and ordered a Platinum 24 SHO. My dealer said they would get them 'before winter'.
I didn't realize they meant next winter. Just got the call that my snowblower has arrived, ten months after prdering. Now I'm not sure I really want to spend $2500 on a snowblower that powerful for SE PA. It is a bit overkill and my bank account isn't what it used to be. Maybe downgrade to a Classic or Deluxe or maybe even used. Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
I ended up downgrading to the Deluxe 24. Will be delivered next week. No way I needed a Platinum SHO, we only had one event last winter over 3 inches. That much power sure would have been fun and my bank account agreed last year but this year a Deluxe 24 will do just fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts