Snowblower Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Back on subject, I am waiting to get my hands on the Ariens replacement LED light and housing, but my local dealer has no idea when they will be in stock. It is the same across every industry presently. It is a crap shoot and we all must have patience and get along and not blame companies or their workers because we don't have products.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Back on subject, I am waiting to get my hands on the Ariens replacement LED light and housing, but my local dealer has no idea when they will be in stock. It is the same across every industry presently. It is a crap shoot and we all must have patience and get along and not blame companies or their workers because we don't have products.
So this is a kit that allows the use of LED VS a regular bulb? That would be sweet if they offer something for other makes . I would expect it will have a rectifier to convert to DC voltage.

As far as the other comments it's much more than one man causing a problem and I agree with ktl5005 100% . We are going thru some never before seen issues right now so just let it slide.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So this is a kit that allows the use of LED VS a regular bulb? That would be sweet if they offer something for other makes . I would expect it will have a rectifier to convert to DC voltage.

As far as the other comments it's much more than one man causing a problem and I agree with ktl5005 100% . We are going thru some never before seen issues right now so just let it slide.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
that LED light in the new design. It’s part number 72104400. Direct for replacement for previous halogen models.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts

The 2022 Ariens models come with a LED headlamp assembly. Ariens has developed that headlamp as an assembly that retrofits 2012 Ariens machines and up with the same LED headlamp. Typically the voltage can stay at AC, it does not have to be DC. I have ordered the kit but it is back ordered.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The 2022 Ariens models come with a LED headlamp assembly. Ariens has developed that headlamp as an assembly that retrofits 2012 Ariens machines and up with the same LED headlamp. Typically the voltage can stay at AC, it does not have to be DC. I have ordered the kit but it is back ordered.
A lot of things are back ordered right now Town , just the way it is .
My youngest son and his family are posted north of you in Petawawa.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Back in August I treated myself and ordered a Platinum 24 SHO. My dealer said they would get them 'before winter'. I said OK, not much I can do with it in the summer anyway. Now I am hearing about companies having supply chain issues and part shortages etc... I called my dealer and they said "it'll be here in November", which seems to be cutting it a little close IMO.

Should I be worried? Has Ariens had any supply issues? Have they started shipping new models yet? Or is it just that my dealer hasn't placed his order yet? So much anxiety over a snowblower.
I am awaiting the Ariens 28" Rapidtrack Platinum SHO. I was called by the dealer yesterday, and was informed that my ship date has been moved back to 11/2/21. He was told by an Ariens rep that the company that makes the tracks is up in Canada, and they are short workers to get the tracks made. He said that Ariens sent some employees up to Canada to help with the manufacturing of the tracks. Sucks waiting, but glad I am buying a company that will send its employees to another company to help with the back order. This speaks highly of Ariens.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hmmmmm , that story about worker shortage sounds fishy to me , things in Canada are humming along pretty good.
About the only thing that slows up production is shortage of parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hmmmmm , that story about worker shortage sounds fishy to me , things in Canada are humming along pretty good.
About the only thing that slows up production is shortage of parts.
Thats what I was told by the dealer. Whether or not it is true is another story. I know here in the states, most businesses are short handed and are in need of help.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Not doubting he said that , it just doesn't sound right .
I worked for Stihl Canada (head office for all of Canada) and I know their dealers are short equipment and parts right now along with most OPE dealers . Biggest issue has been parts not available for manufacturing and of course the ships with containers situation that does not make a whole lot of sense either.
I DO hope you get your blower in time(y);) And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not doubting he said that , it just doesn't sound right .
I worked for Stihl Canada (head office for all of Canada) and I know their dealers are short equipment and parts right now along with most OPE dealers . Biggest issue has been parts not available for manufacturing and of course the ships with containers situation that does not make a whole lot of sense either.
I DO hope you get your blower in time(y);) And welcome to the forum.
Thanks, I am keeping my 37 year old John Deere 826 until I get the Ariens. It still runs, just doesn't throw snow very far.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
@Shannon,

I just finished a complete restore teardown on an older JD 826.

Why is yours not throwing snow? .... Maybe you need an impeller mod? Maybe a belt slipping? Etc....

·
Registered
5 Posts
@Shannon,

I just finished a complete restore teardown on an older JD 826.

Why is yours not throwing snow? .... Maybe you need an impeller mod? Maybe a belt slipping? Etc....
A couple of years ago, I replaced all three bearings, both belts, new carb, muffler, plug, and gave the rest a full overhaul. It runs well, but with only the 8" impeller, I can barely throw heavy wet snow over the snowbank at the end of my driveway. The Ariens has a 14" impeller, and really throws the snow. I could do the impeller mod, but I think it is finally time to upgrade after so many years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in the Northeast. My local Honda dealer ordered five, expecting three HSS1332A ATD snowblowers and only received one and it appears that one blower would be his total inventory for this model. I was the lucky winner of this machine, because I was the first to place an order/deposit on it in May of this year. I was apprehensive about the real world availability , given all the talk out there, in terms of lack of product, but one unit, my unit arrived on in late September and it is now in my possession. As of now it appears that this dealer will not be getting anymore of this particular model this season. I am sad for those who were looking forward to obtaining this snowblower for the coming season. Generally speaking, in my limited searching, the dealer showrooms appear to be rather empty of all products, compared to what I recall in the past. Quality, used machines will probably be at a premium and scoffed up early on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Thanks, I am keeping my 37 year old John Deere 826 until I get the Ariens. It still runs, just doesn't throw snow very far.
When I moved earlier this year I gave away my 20+? year old Murray to the neighbors. I always ended up blowing their driveway anyway. It was underpowered, didn't throw very far and I figured with the new house and bigger driveway I should treat myself. Wondering now if I should have held on to the old Murray for a little while longer.

I'll call my dealer again in a week or two but I might just have to bite the bullet and buy an old used one for a backup.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts