Snowblower Forum banner
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Any input you can offer to get it to throw snow further would be appreciated
First would be an inspection of the impeller area and verify it size and condition. Those JD 826 frequently have 1/4" or larger gap and are prone to having blades bent backwards. An impeller kit, good belts, tight impeller shaft bushing and engine running 3600rpm will throw snow well.
Very common to see this:
Saw Wood Tool Art Gas

Plant Banana leaf Terrestrial plant Tints and shades Motor vehicle

·
Registered
Smp 860, Arns 22k, 924026, Pwrlite
858 Posts
First would be an inspection of the impeller area and verify it size and condition. Those JD 826 frequently have 1/4" or larger gap and are prone to having blades bent backwards. An impeller kit, good belts, tight impeller shaft bushing and engine running 3600rpm will throw snow well.
Very common to see this:
View attachment 181211

View attachment 181212
Good points for sure. I know when I bought my used and abused machine it was running 100's of RPM short. Easy fix.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just found this article in the Milwaukee Business Journal, unfortunately I don't have subscription

Yeah, I can't access that bizjournals article. Here, however, is a CNN interview of Dan Ariens from June 26, in which he talks about the major difficulty Ariens has had retaining workers. A turnover rate of 50% to more than 100% is crazy!

Is Pres. Biden right, do employers just need to pay more? - CNN Video

Without enough workers, it's difficult to build enough machines.

This aligns with what almost every dealer in my neck of Massachusetts has told me: that Ariens is shipping fewer snow blowers than they've requested, and doing it later than desired. I had one dealer tell me his rep recently told him not to expect anything until at least Feb 2022.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Maye the blowers will be off-loaded in the spring ... I see some nice price reductions next year on the abundance of leftover blowers, i.e., the ones left in ships over this winter season ...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Perhaps but my workplace just got charged a sea container fee of over $430 for just one skid containing water coolers and parts and it wasn't a lot of stuff.
I'm waiting to see if other companies get charged this , we have never been charged that before , only the FOB shipping from the distributor.
If so there will not be any deals.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Perhaps but my workplace just got charged a sea container fee of over $430 for just one skid containing water coolers and parts and it wasn't a lot of stuff.
I'm waiting to see if other companies get charged this , we have never been charged that before , only the FOB shipping from the distributor.
Read article about shipping container fees up 10 fold. Cant imagine the effects on everything from TV's to food and vehicles if this doesn't get fixed real soon. Best solution, more manufacturing back in USA.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Read article about shipping container fees up 10 fold.
I can believe it. An acquaintance told me the other day his buddy has a container full of goods on order or waiting on, shipping bill was generally $3000, now $30,000! That's horrible. We (the consumers) will be paying thru the nose even moreso than we are now.
I was at a local co-op that sells Simplicity a few weeks ago, (very little stock and unknown on when new stock arriving). What was shocking was he told me a $200 push mower will be $600 come spring.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I just heard yesterday there are now over 160 cargo ships off the coast of California waiting to unload, another new high. Gov. DeSantis opened the docks for any cargo ships that want to reroute to Florida. They have zero backlog. I heard many ships are heading that way through the Panama canal but it's going to take a week for them to get there.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The new normal for now

·
Registered
157 Posts
According to a news story I saw, it takes up to 10 days to unload a single ship, as some carry nearly 10,000 containers! Multiply that times the 160 or so container ships sitting offshore and you see the scope of the problem. Scary to think how our supply chain was so disrupted by a virus that way too many people don't take seriously.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Regarding the worker shortages and global supply chain issues:

I sell heavy industrial equipment (food industry) that is built from a mix of Japan, various European countries, and from here in the USA. The lead times are backed up everywhere, (globally) due to a mixture of factors. Largest being the pandemic effects, both inside and outside the USA. Our stuff from Europe seems to be hit the hardest. Lead times have doubled in some instances, from 8 to 16 weeks.

The problem isn’t just isolated to factory workers. It’s a snowball effect from everywhere. For instance, if the person in charge of ordering raw materials misses work for a day, and hence delays said raw material order, that effect snowballs down the line.

Add the current situation on shipping (trucking, rail, and sea) and here we are. Remember the container ship Evergreen stuck in the Suez Canal? I’m being told that we are still seeing the after effects of that debacle.

Take for example the chip shortage for new cars. That is shuttering entire product lines. One delay on a single component can really screw up the whole operation.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Stopped by the dealer the other day. Shipping has now slipped from this week, to the end of January for the pro 28 rapidtrak. Decided to upgrade to the mountaineering edition, and that shows a ship date of 1/5/2022. Hope it ships by then. The delays have been due to shortage of tracks, engines, and joystick controllers.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Stopped by the dealer the other day. Shipping has now slipped from this week, to the end of January for the pro 28 rapidtrak. Decided to upgrade to the mountaineering edition, and that shows a ship date of 1/5/2022. Hope it ships by then. The delays have been due to shortage of tracks, engines, and joystick controllers.
If I were you and you really need a blower for this winter I would be getting a good used ASAP . I would hold no hope in estimated delivery dates.

·
Registered
527 Posts
If I were you and you really need a blower for this winter I would be getting a good used ASAP . I would hold no hope in estimated delivery dates.
Ditto. In this environment, I'd hold on to what I own, order new, then sell used if you dont have space or need. I always like to have 1 spare of everything, and it has paid off .

Reactions: jherbicide
41 - 60 of 96 Posts