Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a brain fart yesterday doing some work on the blower I decided to put zerks on auger tube and drilled halfway thinking the inside shaft was full length. Well the auger tube was empty duh, oh well I went ahead and finished the install and pumped a full cartridge for both sides.
I can say now I have a grease counterweight in front.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I had a brain fart yesterday doing some work on the blower I decided to put zerks on auger tube and drilled halfway thinking the inside shaft was full length. Well the auger tube was empty duh, oh well I went ahead and finished the install and pumped a full cartridge for both sides.
Do you mean that the only thing you accomplished was filling the INSIDE of the tube with grease?:confused:
If so at least you know that it won't rust from the inside out.:D
If that is the case can't you take the zerks out and put plugs in?
Maybe some of the grease will leach out from the inside when you operate it?

·
Registered
864 Posts
hey look at the bright side, she's good to go on grease....for this century, and beyond...:D

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If that is the case can't you take the zerks out and put plugs in?
Maybe some of the grease will leach out from the inside when you operate it?
I filled the tube and the grease got to the 4" shaft each side.
Likely there won't be any leaching with the grease I used Castrol Synthetic at $13.00 a cartridge. Apparently very good for water repellent.

·
Registered
864 Posts
they'll be digging that up in the landfill in 2112 and it will still have grease....:D

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You are right K4F as I use synthetic oil also.;)
Maybe by then synthetic gas will also be the only thing available as well?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Mr. Fusion.

·
Retired Moderator
9,900 Posts
We actually sold those at Checker Auto Parts. I never saw one actually sell but they were listed in the catalog and available.

With Mr. Fusion's Flux Capacitor it's hard to choose if you put the recycling into the garden or into the car, mower, snow blower, dryer ....

And when I tried to Google it I found that Oreilly still has it in their catalog :eek::eek: Oreilly bought Checker.
EB Enterprises 121GMF - Flux Capacitor | O'Reilly Auto Parts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts