Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Winter storm that is hitting Denver Colorado right now is expected to move into Minnesota and we could get as much as 8 inches of snow in central Minnesota before its all over. Right now I am looking forward to having a spring. after having the snowiest March in 17 years here in Minnesota.:mad: I wore out my snow blower skids blowing my driveway this year and I only used my blower once last year. We have yet to have normal temperatures for this time of year as well and last year at this time we had already had an entire month of 70 degree weather.

·
Super Moderator
2,668 Posts
Snow

Where did you hear 8"? CCO this morning said 8"-12" between now and the weekend. And here I was going to drain the gas out of the 3 blowers I have set up right now over last weekend and didn't get around to it. :D

May get one or two more uses out of them yet this year.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
makes me feel sad for you guys. spring has sprung and just like most of winter we have rain. i don't need a snowblower i need a two stage water pump with six foward gears and two for reverse :)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I have this (tounge firmly in cheek) theory. Does everybody remember back in December when the end of the Mayan calendar was supposed to mean the end of the world? What if what if it actually means that we are stuck forever in December, like in "Grounghog Day"? Did ya ever think of that? It's still full on winter up here in Saskatchewan too and it's getting real old.

Larry

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
thats good news for you two, not much snow. its still raining here, very hard at times

·
Registered
530 Posts
Because of you guys in Minnesota...although we are currently getting rain...I replaced my starter rope to day on my Simplicity. I swear the rope the guy used before me was Clothes line. It was dry and not pliable at all. Felt just like clothes line.

I to was going to drain my gas but I will wait until may.

March was quite the snow month. Maybe that snow forecaster who predicited a snowy winter due to Siberia's fast snowcover in October got it right???

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hopefully it dumps everything in Minnesota and leaves us in Wisconsin alone!
Sounds like eastern Minnesota and Wisconsin will get only rain or 3 to 5 inches total. Unfortunately we are in the heaviest part of the snow area and the projected amounts are 8 to 10 inches over western and central Minnesota. School for my 16 year old has already been canceled for the day. It's snowing real heavily right now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
our schools here (Western WI) have been getting brave these last few snowfalls due to making up a handful of days already. Sounds like a good day for a little R&R in your favorite chair and watch the snow fly!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No favorite chair for me. I'm a pharmacist and I don't have the luxury of being able to stay home just because of weather. We had Thunder snow this morning. Ended up getting about 6 inches of snow. It sucks because now it looks like winter again. It's still snowing a bit and we could get another inch or 2 before it's all over

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I am tired of using this Predator engine and I want to get some use on my other one

Ended up with 8 inches of heavy wet snow:eek:. We had virtually no snow left as of yesterday and now it looks like winter again. I am beginning to wonder if spring will ever arrive:confused:. I may have to take out the Polaris XLT Touring again however I was hoping for spring to arrive so I can drive the Predator 212cc powered minibike.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
You got the worst of it. We got maybe 2 inches here, just enough to turn everything white again! Nice mini bike, I've been looking for an old one to fix up for the kids.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I fear of the Red overflowing for the Dakotas and all along the banks of the Red.
But the only bonus of all this precip is avoiding the drought which seems to increase each spring and summer within the US. I hope it helps crops in the Midwest come summertime...

Gusto is the Polaris on a logging road???

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I fear of the Red overflowing for the Dakotas and all along the banks of the Red.
But the only bonus of all this precip is avoiding the drought which seems to incre ase each spring and summer within the US. I hope it helps crops in the Midwest come summertime...

Gusto is the Polaris on a logging road???
I'm riding on one of the many trails that are part of the Minnesota State

Snowobile trails. They are groomed and taken care of by snowmobilers when they buy
Minnesota State snowmobile trail permits. This particular Trail. Is near my cabin and Todd County Minnesota. The snowfall in the trees Made it sort of look like you're driving in a tunnel or with an archway of snow defined trees over head. It really looked amazing so that's why I took a picture. I belong to a local snowmobile club in my hometown called the snow Joes.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
You got the worst of it. We got maybe 2 inches here, just enough to turn everything white again! Nice mini bike, I've been looking for an old one to fix up for the kids.
My mini bike has a 212cc engine on it. My youngest is 16 and weighs 170 pounds and he can handle it. Its up way too powerful for any children younger than a teenager for top speed is close to 40 miles per hour. It used to have a 97 cc engine. I bought it when my son was 11. With the 97 cc engine top speed was only 18 miles per hour. My son got bored with it and sort of outgrown it. Let's just say he finds it to be a lot more interesting now. Its for adults and teenagers now.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
another day of rain
gustoguy its time to get your son a dirt bike, something with some gears to shift

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I have plenty of toys. My wife won't even let me get another mini bike

I also have a boat and a personal watercraft too. With the mini bike I'm like Tim Allen On home improvement. The 97cc Engine is setting on the garage floor Next to the Tecumseh 5hp engine. There's almost nothing a little more power can not fix. Plus a big nasty 250cc dirt bike would piss my neighbor off too much. So I'll just stick with the mini bike

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
so you want a 250 dirt bike? i was thinking maybe a 125 for your son :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts