Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the shop in the Midwest somewhere, like MTD's Ohio headquarters?

I understand the motors are shipped in a crate from the assembly-line from China, just wondering where the machines themselves are put together and tested before going out to dealers. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I believe that they are assembled in the same factory close to Cleveland in OH. There are differences of course between Cubs quality and Yardman, but they are all similar painted in different colors whether Yardman, MTD, Cub Cadet, Troy-Bilt, Craftsman any other brands they manufacture for. BTW J.B. Priestley was spot on, too bad it looks like another mild winter here so far. Good luck and keep us posted, have you narrowed it down at this point?

http://www.mtdproducts.com/equipment/mtdproducts/company_10500_20500_-1

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So basically these aren't any less American than Ariens, whose engines are also made in China? Good to know!

I'm surprised there are no pictures of their manufacturing facility on their website. You think they would promote that a bit more these days.

·
Registered
376 Posts
They actually claim some "Canadian Advantage" as well.

BUILT FOR CANADIANS.
SUPPORTED BY CANADIANS.
Engineered and built in North America, Cub Cadet is the standard for Canadians who want products that are carefully, thoughtfully, and purposefully designed around people. When you buy Cub Cadet you're backed by our Canadian Advantage, which includes outdoor power equipment that is engineered and tested in Canada, bilingual customer service support, and a nationwide network of 1,100 Service Dealers.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet. I'm happy to support anything made in Canada as well, just as much as the USA really because I know it's a western democracy where people are being compensated properly.

It's Mexico that I view as the China of North American manufacturing and try to avoid as much as possible...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts