Snowblower Forum banner

Where to get an inexpensive snowmobile suit for blowing snow?

7K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  db9938 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a basic snowmobile suit to wear for blowing snow, working on the cars during the winter etc. I would like to get one that has a built in hood, and not one of those snap on after thought hoods. I don't know how common hoods are on snowmobile suits since I don't own a snowmobile. Am I better off just wearing a hooded sweatshirt underneath a standard snowmobile suit if I want a hood? I also don't want/need a crazy insulated suit, I can always add layers underneath. I run hot, and 90% of the time last winter I just wore a heavy hooded sweatshirt and added an extra sweatshirt underneath it on the colder days. If you guys have a suggestion that is on the inexpensive side I would really appreciate it. Thanks for any input!

#3 ·
I wear my ski pants and a hooded sweatshirt with a thin windbreaker and don't get over heated. That's always been a problem. I've also learned to slow down. Also helps to not get too hot.
You can try Salvation Army as William said. G.W. Faashions (Goodwill), thift stores etc. I always get my jeans from these places.

#5 ·
As noted in the link above,

I have two sets, one I bought the other was a hand me down.

I think one is made by Carhartt and the other by Dickies (interesting name). Both are 20 years old. I'm sure the tech has changed but my are nice and thin, I mostly just just add a sweet shirt and I'm good to go.

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.