Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas. If you need someplace nice to hang out this summer sashay on over to Lawnmower Forum. Lots of familiar faces over there. Nice place. I've been a member over there for probably close to a year but don't let that stop you.:D
Seriously, it's a pretty nice place and lots of good info just like here. Link below.

Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Thanks Joe, and you're right, there are a lot of really good folks on MLF, and I know we'd all really appreciate having the members here bring their knowledge, know how, and wit, to the forum.

...and, we've got lots of emojycons over there to play with too,:p

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh boy, Todd.... Your legend preceeds you. :D You've already been the subject of conversation over there. It's all good though. You'll have to pop in over there and take a look around.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Tell you what, if you pick out a few that you really like, let Scot, Kiss or me know and we'll ask the fine folks at VS to add them to our list.:)

·
Registered
581 Posts
See you over there guys...been there about a year too as "89snapper". I messed up my names when I first joined these sites, should've picked something more universal.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
See you over there guys...been there about a year too as "89snapper". I messed up my names when I first joined these sites, should've picked something more universal.
Aw, Ray, no worries. We're happy you're with us no matter under what name. :)
That old Snapper is beautiful.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
At this particular time, I am assisting with putting wood in the maple syrup furnace so the maple sap boils good. I can't do much but trying the best I can. On a good day we end up with 3 gallons of the best syrup. We even make some maple butter.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At this particular time, I am assisting with putting wood in the maple syrup furnace so the maple sap boils good. I can't do much but trying the best I can. On a good day we end up with 3 gallons of the best syrup. We even make some maple butter.
My brother up in St. Paul, Minn. just got done w/his syrup. Wish I had some trees.
You're making me hungry for pancakes now.:)
But, hey, you get some free time, Norm c'mon over.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tell you what, if you pick out a few that you really like, let Scot, Kiss or me know and we'll ask the fine folks at VS to add them to our list.:)
This'll keep him busy for a month, trying to figger out which ones to choose. :D
That Todd, what a crazy guy! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've never been to the lawn mower forum. Maybe I'll check it out if the snow ever melts enough around my shed to see how the old JD L110 is doing.:D

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Nothing better than maple syrup.:) Judy and I helped tap trees, collected the sap three different days, and helped keep the fires going on a couple more days at our friends farm. They had a good year this year and had made 27 gallons so far when we last talked to them!

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The last time I made anything along those lines was turning a 3 acre canebrake into molasses. All done by horses and mules. Field was plowed disked and harrowed with a team of horses and then cut and hauled in w/the same team. Antique cane mill was run by a mule for half day then another mule. We spent two whole days boiling that stuff down. Was really not too bad but it did get hot standing over the pan. Those who were before us were some hard working people.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I remember syrup production, back when the school I teach at, had a park services program. The students would collect the sap and boil it off, and we would make the waffles for a parents day breakfast. But then the program finally fell to attrition, not enough students signed up for it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Still a thick blanket of that white stuff here, but I did join up on LMF using the same name. :) See ya's there too.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
WHERE IN THE NAME of ZEUS do you find them anyway:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: you are right on about that 1. it could take me awhile to chose.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts