Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The snow blower is a cheap Chinese JZ Power model. I've destroyed the auger worm gear and need to replace it, but I can't identify the part. It's a 20 tooth gear with an outside diameter of 70mm and an inside diameter of 20mm with a width of 18mm. I'm contemplating buying an MTD 917 0528a, does anyone have the dimensions of this part?

Also, I kind of messed up the auger pulley getting to the auger gearbox, short story, it lost the battle with a grinder... So I'll need to replace that as well. Here's a photo, I've not seen one like it anywhere. It's using two belts, one in each groove. Anyone know if they've seen anything similar?

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
Welcome to the forum Barnacle :white^_^arial^_^0^_

Besides the photo it might be helpful if you gave the model and serial number of the unit.

·
Banned
1,585 Posts
Barnacle, Taking a wild azz guess it's similar to the Chinese Powersmart brand Home Depot is selling. I found this parts list. Check call out #170 in the schematic, part #8123-765501. Can't find the part or dimensions by google search. Search shows these are imported by Amerisun, Inc. of Illinois. 1-800-791-9458 Maybe your google will show something closer to you as a contact?

http://www.amerisuninc.com/manual/db7651_parts_list.pdf

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
some more details

Many thanks to all those that have tried to help identifying the part. I found a worm gear that fits, but I really need that big pulley for the auger.

Unfortunately the snowblower seems to be a generic chinese import, I cant find a single identifying mark/serial number on it all.

I've been doing some research and the snowblower goes under lots of different names (mainly sold via Alibaba), but it's very similar to this model:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/375cc-Snowblower-QFG-13B-Snowthrower_657631874.html?spm=a2700.7724857.29.37.YKlHvH

it's a 13HP 375cc loncin motor, tracked (friction disc), it says OPM SnowPro on my model, but I think that's just a sticker that's slapped on by whoever sells it. I did notice that when I took the auger gear box apart, there was a brand name embossed onto the box itself 'JZ'. which looking further into the market seems like JZ Power ltd in China - they even sell a model similar on Alibaba. I've contacted them to see if they will supply a replacement big Pulley, but I'm not holding my breath.

when I get back from work tonight, I'll stick up a picture of the auger shaft and the dimensions. Hoping I dont have to buy a whole new auger unit (ensemble) - FYI I'm selling it as I dont need it any more, but want to sell it working (unless it's going to cost a fortune to repair then it's sold as parts, lots of them :icon_whistling: )

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PS - JTClays I think you may be onto something with the Amerisun, the part looks very similar to ref 49, I'll contact them to see if they have some more details

1 - 7 of 7 Posts