Snowblower Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
in the process of refurbing this old Honda HS 50. Tubeless tires are pretty good except cracks because sitting for years. Should I get new tires or can I install tubes? They only rate for 8 pounds of pressure.
20191112_151038_resized.jpg

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Just put in tubes.

Life will be much easier if you have one of the mini tire changers.

You can get one cheap at Harbor Freight with a coupon for 20-25 % off.

Note: You can get new XTrac starting at under 20.00 with usually free shipping.

Even using the mini tire changer, make sure you have a good tire lube, as well as tire sealer if needed. You may also want to pick up some short stems or 90 degree ones, as many times its a good idea to replace them on the tubeless. Be carful not to pinch any tubes if using one.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Once leaks have started, anyways, I've had good luck with tubes. But if you can get better tires for around $20, that's probably not an awful lot more than tubes, plus you'd get better traction. I'd consider X-Tracs if I was keeping the machine.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Once leaks have started, anyways, I've had good luck with tubes. But if you can get better tires for around $20, that's probably not an awful lot more than tubes, plus you'd get better traction. I'd consider X-Tracs if I was keeping the machine.
Thanks both of you. ended up getting tubesfrom ebay that are specific to this honda snowblower tire. nice thing is this is a 2 part inner wheel. should be easy to install tubes, ( hope )

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Just put in tubes.

Life will be much easier if you have one of the mini tire changers.

You can get one cheap at Harbor Freight with a coupon for 20-25 % off.

Note: You can get new XTrac starting at under 20.00 with usually free shipping.

Even using the mini tire changer, make sure you have a good tire lube, as well as tire sealer if needed. You may also want to pick up some short stems or 90 degree ones, as many times its a good idea to replace them on the tubeless. Be carful not to pinch any tubes if using one.
Thanks. bought tubes .

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have this clean Gilson-built Lawn Boy 826 8HP Dual Stage up for sale. It's a really nice, 100% functional machine for vintage snowblower lovers. For more information, see my ad in the "Lawn Boy snowblowers" section.
Not too many left in this condition! 👍

thanks,
Claude.
DSCN6008.JPG
DSCN6009.JPG
DSCN6010.JPG

61 - 66 of 66 Posts