Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a used snow blower a couple years ago, but the manufacturer label has been removed. There is a label on the auger housing with the following info:
Model Number: SG267-B1
Service Number: SG-B
There is another label on the rear of the machine with the serial number: 297138.

I'll post pictures of the machine and the labels if that would help.

I am having a hard time finding the right size auger belt. I'm hoping I can find a service manual once I figure out who makes this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was able to find the proper size auger belt through trial and error, (3/8" x 39"), so I was able to get my driveway cleaned up, but I'd still like to know if anyone can identify what of snow blower this is.

Thanks.

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
I have no idea what it is, but shouldn't the auger belt be 1/2" ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably so, but 3/8" x 39" is all the parts store had yesterday that would fit, and it was enough to get my driveway done. I think they have sold out of every 1/2" belt due to the recent snow in Massachusetts. I should be able to get the proper belt when the snow stops... in the spring.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a Montgomery Ward made by Gilson. But my model number starts with 'GIL'. That also doesn't look anything like mine, which doesn't mean anything, just mentioning it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts