Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the picture at the top of the page, why is there a hammer laying on the snowblower?

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Does look like a claw hammer, doesn't it.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
It is because it is an Ariens snow blower and everyone tries to steal it and you need the hammer to defend it. :eek:

I just mounted a machine gun on mine.:D

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
Wow, I never noticed that before. I always saw it up there and automatically thought it was a cleanout brush. After reading this thread and taking a close look it does look like a hammer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is because it is an Ariens snow blower and everyone tries to steal it and you need the hammer to defend it. :eek:

I just mounted a machine gun on mine.:D
You sir need to post in the "Whats your best Modification" thread.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The drafter could not find a picture of a clean out brush to use.

The hammer was close and as long as no one looked close, it would, and did pass for a long while.

I guess that makes djturnz the all too observant "no one".:D

·
Super Moderator
6,672 Posts
better a hammer than an arm :eek:

·
Registered
23 Posts
The guy who owns that blower probably has the same problem I have.....frozen starter.

A couple of good whacks with the hammer when the electric starter freezes (as mine often does after some heavy wet snow) and all is right with the World again....at least until the next wet, heavy snowstorm and the solenoid freezes again.

Richie >>

PS...My wife's hairdryer works too, but the hammer is closer and quicker.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just noticed this today as well. Funny that someone mentioned it....lol!

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
I know you guys aren't going to belive this but I tracked down the owner of that very unique machine up there in the left corner, and I bought it from him. That's'right. I now OWN it! Here's photo proof too!:D

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
I know you guys aren't going to belive this but I tracked down the owner of that very unique machine up there in the left corner, and I bought it from him. That's'right. I now OWN it! Here's photo proof too!:D
Ah-ha! I can see it more clearly now. That's not a hammer, that's a finely calibrated persuasion mechanism.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts