Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this Incredible 1028 with a Blown Motor. This One Grenaded Hard, Check out the Case.....Dropped another Engine on it. This one is as Clean as They Get.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a Replacement Engine on the Shelf.

·
Registered
222 Posts
/What did the connecting rod let go,was this as a result of not changing the oil regularly.Did the job on her alright.

Picked up this Incredible 1028 with a Blown Motor. This One Grenaded Hard, Check out the Case.....Dropped another Engine on it. This one is as Clean as They Get.

·
Registered
485 Posts
check out youtube...

/What did the connecting rod let go,was this as a result of not changing the oil regularly.Did the job on her alright.
some videos of people purposely running an engine without oil, almost always the rod is the first to go on a four stroke. two strokes the piston usually seizes because the rod has a roller bearing and lasts longer.

·
Registered
397 Posts
That unit looked so new . . . . could it be that there was no Dealer Prep which may have included adding oil to the crankcase following shipment ?

·
Registered
842 Posts
looks almost new, yet looks like a old flathead tech, tech went belly up on 2008, some machines were made in 09 that used left overs,

jacks going to have to say what year it is and he found inside, did the rod bolts back out before the crank whipped it out of the block??

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really didn't have time to investigate the engine, but what Oil was in it was Black Tar. I'll grab the usable parts, and scrap what's left. YOM doesn't matter to me. Condition is what's important.
Check out the Bucket!

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
You've got a new blower, Jack. It's obvious it's an older model but it's still new machine. Great score.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts