Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Model 93027 7/24

Trying to help fix the neighbors snow thrower and cannot find the proper parts and service manuals. The neighbor is 90+ and tore it all apart including pins and bushings...... Got it all back together, new belts, friction wheel, bearings....Only thing remaining is forward motion. To go forward I have to put it in reverse and to go in reverse push it forward.

All the parts manuals show 2 seprate pully's off the motor. This unit has only one pully for both vbelts. Any help for the proper manual or suggestions.

Thank you
Merry Christmas
Ken

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
I know this might seem a bit crazy but it sounds like you have the platter turning the wrong way or possibly the control lever linkage 180° from where it's supposed to be and it's working backwards.

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
Ken,
there is no model 93027..I assume you probably mean 932027.
If so, here are your manuals:

Owners manual:
http://apache.ariens.com/manuals/032299D.pdf

Parts manual:
http://apache.ariens.com/manuals/PM-32-93.pdf

Service manual:
http://apache.ariens.com/manuals/00040900.pdf

As Joe said, its almost certaintly a friction disk adjustment issue.
we have heard of this same problem before..(putting it reverse makes it go forward, etc.) Its a matter of the controls to the friction disk not being adjusted correctly.

Scot

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes 932027

thanks but the docs still show 2 separate pulleys and this has only one pulley with 2 groves for the v-belts.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Ken
Is it possible the owner replaced the engine at some time in the past? The drawing of the engine in the service manual appears to show a 2 shaft engine, with the tractor movement shaft running off the camshaft and the auger etc running off the main driveshaft. If he changed to a one shaft engine, the main drive shaft would be driving the tractor mechanism in reverse. Just wondering. MH

·
Registered
792 Posts
I have heard of people doing this. In theory it works. In practice...not sure. I have a twisted belt on my Ariens Gt20 mower deck that has been fine, but it's a really long belt in my setup. Blower belts are much shorter. MH

·
Super Moderator
2,668 Posts
If the blower came with a twin shaft motor and someone replaced it with a single shaft, the drive will run backwards. The 2d shaft is geared to the crank and runs in the opposite direction as the crank. Put on a single shaft and the gearing would be reversed.

Not an easy thing to fix without alot of time and $$ IMO.

Page 4-15 figure 6 of the service manual looks like it's supposed to have a twin shaft motor from I can see.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Thank you all for the help. Guess I will have to live with it.
I before E is the norm.

But.......wierd should be weird.
Writing it wierd looks weird to me.:p

Right Colby7?:D

Just mark and R on the Forward and an F on the Reverse.
Just switch them? You only have 2 speeds?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the spelling correction. I beg forgiveness as English is a second language. Aber wenn Sie die deutsche wechseln möchten würde ich total schuldig

Ich danke Ihnen sehr
Ken

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Don't apologize for grammatical errors, heck english is my second language too. Hill-jack is my first....

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Thanks for the spelling correction. I beg forgiveness as English is a second language. Aber wenn Sie die deutsche wechseln möchten würde ich total schuldig

Ich danke Ihnen sehr
Ken
Now stop swearing at me in German. :p

Your welcome very much. ;)
Big Ed

·
Registered
1,402 Posts

Ich danke Ihnen sehr
Ken
Ich mag Deutsche Werkzeug: Gedore, Kukko, Stahwille. Abzieher mit gleitenden, immer parallelen Abzughaken Kukko favorit.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Ich mag Deutsche Werkzeug: Gedore, Kukko, Stahwille. Abzieher mit gleitenden, immer parallelen Abzughaken Kukko favorit.
You like German too? :)

sprechen Sie Englisch bitte.:p

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts