Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i think its official, i have issues. just picked up another snowblower (that makes 7 but i dont count the 2 without engines). most i will sell but the one i picked up will be the 3rd moto mower snow shark i have. dont intend to sell it. i have one for my house and one for my parents house and a backup. whats wrong with being prepared. the latest is a moto mower with a 5 or 6 year old b +s 5 hp about 6 years old. the other 2 have kohler engines so im curious to see how this one works. dont think i will get a chance this year.

View attachment 218

View attachment 219

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just one more . . .

Personally, I think you've got the start to a very nice collection. Moto mower snow shark theme with variations on it is very workable. The double augers really look nice.

Before I got into tractors and snowblowers, I was/am a motorcyclist. It doesn't really matter what the hobby/avocation/addiction is, the correct answer to "how many [insert category here] does one man need?" is "Just one more."

I'm not sure why, but she does seem to object to tractors more than she did motorcycles, that seems odd to me, the tractors are cheaper. Maybe she's just trying to nip this habit before it gets as addictive as the last one.

Leon
'92 John Deere 318 w/ mower deck, rear blade and 49 snowblower
'05 John Deere LT160 lives at sons house
'71 Ariens snowblower (and another for parts)
'90 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - commuter bike
'90 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - rally bike
'03 Suzuki V-Strom
'92 Harley FLHS (Kubota diesel powered)
'89 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (custom chopper frame)
'78 Honda CB200 (3800 miles-unrestored)

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Those Snow Sharks are pretty impressive looking with those two augers in front. I know what you're talking about, my wife says I've got too many mowers. I think there's 13 out there in the shed, but when the grass starts growing again, I'm ready.

MRiderLeon, am I reading that right, you have a diesel powered HD?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just one more . . .

Those Snow Sharks are pretty impressive looking with those two augers in front. I know what you're talking about, my wife says I've got too many mowers. I think there's 13 out there in the shed, but when the grass starts growing again, I'm ready.

MRiderLeon, am I reading that right, you have a diesel powered HD?
13 mowers, you'll need "just one more" to get away from that unlucky number.

Yes, the diesel Harley is a project that didn't quite work out. I need to get the turbo rebuilt, then it goes up for sale. The diesel motorcycle project

Leon
'92 John Deere 318 w/ mower deck, rear blade and 49 snowblower
'05 John Deere LT160 lives at sons house
'71 Ariens snowblower (and another for parts)
'90 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - commuter bike
'90 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - rally bike
'03 Suzuki V-Strom
'92 Harley FLHS (Kubota diesel powered)
'89 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (custom chopper frame)
'78 Honda CB200 (3800 miles-unrestored)

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
td5771, what's that thing Red Green says? We're pullin' for ya', we're all in this together.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i told her i wasnt the only one. she said " what about the car" (have a just about finished 1968 camaro taking up most of the garage). i told her the problem is not that i have too many toys/hobbies, its just that she needs to get one.or two.

all of the other snowblowers will be sold. thats why i got them,to make a couple bucks. it pays for the rest. but i just cant part with the motomowers. i like them, just because.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
all in good fun, a standard answer from me is either "it can always be worse" or "i could go to the bar and drink the money if you prefer"

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Maybe we could start a new forum for our wives. We could call it "My hubby has too much stuff, does yours too?", or "What do you need that for?", or, and this is my wife's favorite, "Is that something you've always wanted?" It could be a support group sort of thing for them.:rolleyes:

MRiderLeon, I looked at a few of you blog posts about your HD/diesel project. I especially appreciated your observation on the cost to progress ratio. "If spending money is an approximation of progress, then the past couple of weeks indicate the project is moving right along." Using your formula, all of mine are about done!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts