Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I get hard drifts my Yardman Snowblower will just want to crawl up the bank. So I back up and have to get it to bite into the bank. My question is
if I would have chains on my tires would it go right into the bank or would it contiue to crawl up the bank.
TIA

·
Registered
143 Posts
While I'm a big fan of chains on my 2-stage machine, I'm not sure they will help the problem you are having.
It seems that some snow conditions do cause my unit to "climb" the bank and I have been using chains on it for over 30 years.
It can be very frustrating since lifting up on the handles to keep the front end down reduces traction to the point you don't go anywhere.
I kind of muscle the thing back and forth in a sawing motion to knock some of the hard pack loose.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It will still want to climb with chains plus if you have the snowhog tires, which I believe you have, you would need to get chains made for snowhog tires as the "normal" chains would do no good as they fall in between the treads. What might help, would be to put some weight on the front of the blower.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts