Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a no start low usage Craftsman Snowblower for $300 CD. Purged the gas, but didn't change the filter. Pulled, inspected, cleaned and reinstallled the carburetor. Pulled and replaced the spark plug after spark test confirmed the circuit. Will give it an oil change tomorrow. It's still not starting. Any suggestions for Next Steeps? Perhaps the Ignition system? Or check the engine pressure?

Right off the top, your feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
757 Posts
do you have fuel actually getting to the carb?
pull the bowl and make sure you have good fuel flow.
you may not have gotten the carb clean and there may still be a blockage. Try giving it a shot of starting fluid and see if it starts. If so go back and clean the carb again.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Delete
( I read it wrong)

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Photos of unit would be nice ... :)

Purged the gas ? ( but did not change the fuel filter?)

So it has a good spark when you turn it over?

Have you tried a small shot of ether? if it farts on ether, go back to the fuel system, i.e. lines, filter, carb itself.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
As you can see, many people here to help, but photos and being a bit more specific will bring a better attempt at resolve.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you have fuel actually getting to the carb?
pull the bowl and make sure you have good fuel flow.
you may not have gotten the carb clean and there may still be a blockage. Try giving it a shot of starting fluid and see if it starts. If so go back and clean the carb again.
I will check that today, thanks!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
did you pull the emulsion tube as well and make sure it is clear? do you have a compressor? sometimes blowing air through the passages will help clean any clogs or blockages that you may not see or maybe missed. also are you using the correct start procedure? full choke, full throttle and usually about 2-3 primes then pull. also do you have a model number or pictures of the machine just so we know what your working on?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Removed the housing and had another look at the carb. Discovered the the SPRING/LINK-MECH GOV wasn't attached. So off to buy a new spring. When I removed the carb to clean it the spring wasn't attached and had retracted under the fuel tank.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
did you pull the emulsion tube as well and make sure it is clear? do you have a compressor? sometimes blowing air through the passages will help clean any clogs or blockages that you may not see or maybe missed. also are you using the correct start procedure? full choke, full throttle and usually about 2-3 primes then pull. also do you have a model number or pictures of the machine just so we know what your working on?
Just discovered the the SPRING/LINK-MECH GOV is broken. Going to replace and will give the fuel system a more thorough cleaning this time around since I have to remove the tank. Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts