Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh well, it was in the 70 last week, and now we should receive 20 cm of snow tomorrow, glad I didn,t put my snowblower away for the summer

·
Premium Member
7,030 Posts
Oh well, it was in the 70 last week, and now we should receive 20 cm of snow tomorrow, glad I didn,t put my snowblower away for the summer
we have snow almost year round here , except August. From April on it doesnt last very long. Usually dont need the blowers .

went to a guys house the other day at Serene Lakes Cali. They still have about 8 feet at his house. Snow poles on sides of road are 8 feet high and the snow was above them about a foot. Elevation 7000-7500.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we have snow almost year round here , except August. From April on it doesnt last very long. Usually dont need the blowers .

went to a guys house the other day at Serene Lakes Cali. They still have about 8 feet at his house. Snow poles on sides of road are 8 feet high and the snow was above them about a foot. Elevation 7000-7500.
That would be fun, I love long winter, but sometime, you just want the warm weather to be there with the sun and no cloud, on a lawnchair, just drinking lemonade or cereal juice, if you see what I mean

·
Registered
243 Posts
We are supposed to get some up here in Colorado High Country tonight and into tomorrow... but unless it is in or near double digits, I am for the most part considering snow blowering over for this winter.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Over in New Jersey, spring has sprung. :)

Reactions: CarlB

·
Registered
243 Posts
We'll see...
I 'aint holding my breath, but...

Up to two feet of snow could land in Colorado in upcoming days

Springtime storms are set to bring snow to the mountains of Colorado this coming week.
April snow showers are expected to hit in Colorado on Monday, likely to continue through at least the following Sunday (April 18th), with one to two feet of accumulation expected for higher-elevation mountains and near the Continental Divide, according to mountain forecaster Joel Gratz of OpenSnow.
The National Weather Service is also calling for snow showers in the mountains with chances for fresh powder extending through the end of the next "work week." Snow and rain are also expected next week in northern El Paso County and the Raton Mesa.
Many mountain towns will likely see a wet mix of snow and rain falling next week and continuing through the following weekend, including Vail, Breckenridge, and Crested Butte, according to The Weather Channel.
"Expect chances for snow to start later on Monday afternoon or evening, and we'll see chances for snow continue through all of next week, through next weekend (April 17-18),” Gratz said. “And maybe even through early the following week (April 19-20)."
While it’s a little too early to tell exactly how much snow will land next week, the forecast will solidify as those days approach.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I'll be mowing this coming week ..... Just put down the first fertilizer ... Yeah, winter been gone for awhile now .... 😊

·
Registered
551 Posts
I think it is over here, nothing in the long range forecast aside from a light dusting next weekend. Changing over from the snow tires on the second car today.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Spring is 2 to 3 weeks ahead of schedule here. Driest and warmest March I can remember.

Winter tires have been removed and stored, lawn raked several days ago. Yesterday laid some top soil down and seeded where I had the stumps grinded from the 3 large maples I had taken down last August. I had over filled the holes with some soil and small wood chips and let settle over the winter.
I also over seeded the entire lawn, as we are forecast to get rain for the next 3 or 4 days after a very long dry spell.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Spent a couple of hours blowing wet snow after a 2 day snow storm. Hard to say how much snow we got because it was all going horizontal. Very windy but we needed the moisture.

·
Registered
26 Posts
A year ago in mid April we had a whiteout. As soon as I got to work, sun was out. We get all 4 seasons in 1 week. Its great.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Weather man says something is brewing for the higher elevations in VT at the end of this week. Up to 20" !!

I put my equipment away this past weekend.

Reactions: chargin

·
Registered
243 Posts
Rockies game canceled too (at least they can't lose if they don't play.)

I am much higher than Denver and we had about 8" overnight. shoveled the deck but did not do the driveway... melting quick.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts