Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter storm Riley looks like a nasty coastal event for the northeastern USA with some impact on Atlantic Canada. Stay safe.... heed the warnings !

·
Registered
772 Posts
We only got about 5 inches of snow it was preceded by 1" of rain so it was as wet as snow can be.

Still surprised how well the toro 3650 throws wet snow. It throws it farther then the light stuff.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Forecast for the Boston & central MA area is for lots of wind, rain and then a change over to snow. I don't think accumulations will be all that much. More of a coastal event, and lots of travel delays.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Maybe, Just Maybe BROTHER CRANMAN will get to play with his new toy.:eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k:
I’m not far from him and so far just a lot of rain, most likely won’t be much more than that in our area.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
I live at 1300ft and work 19 miles away at 160ft elevation. Watching the the difference in accumulation on my drive is pretty interesting. 3 inches at home, rain at work. I’m still forecasted for 8-12 at home.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I'm afraid in SE Mass we'll not get any snow from this one Todd...I tucked away all the blowers yesterday for the summer....held back the 1032 just in case!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Bet there were a few neighbors with much more expensive and "fancy" 2 stagers clogging up on that kind of snow. A properly running Toro 3650 is hard to beat:wink2:
they are i didnt see any out today lots of plow services in my area. there was a guy a couple houses down with an Ariens SS it wasnt going to well for him. looked like it kept getting stuck while pushing and barely puking snow out the chute.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
It has not been much of a "storm" here except for the deep drifting on the local road I live on due to the packing of snow and ice after the roads been plowed and salted where the salting only made it worse as the partially melted ice and snow keeps catching all the blow snow and piling it up on the crown of the road.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
So I currently have 8-10 inches and man is it heavy. PERFECT for giving the 1328 a workout...and some nice hard break in hours.

I'm going to wait till tomorrow morning to start cleaning, I'll likely have another inch by then.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Pretty brutal storm
Did far more damage than many hurricanes and tropical storms have done.
I have power, but it is out all over the area.
Many traffic lights are out so driving today will be an adventure to say the least.

·
Registered
194 Posts
So I currently have 8-10 inches and man is it heavy. PERFECT for giving the 1328 a workout...and some nice hard break in hours.

I'm going to wait till tomorrow morning to start cleaning, I'll likely have another inch by then.
8 to 10 is lucky
branchville 16.5 inches highland lakes 14.0 inches , all a very wet snow . wonder how much if it had been dry?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts