Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired an older 1032 John Deere Walk Behind snowblower in relatively good shape. Under the carburetor cover I found the wiring but there is one wire (white) that is not connected to anything. I haven't had it running yet because I'm going through the drive-train first but I know it runs and operates pretty well according to the previous owner. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this older 1032? I'd like to get that settled soon but where that white wire goes is beyond me.

Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,315 Posts
Who makes your John Deere, John Deere, Ariens, Murray, Frontier? If you don't know, post pics. I have a real JD 1032, 1983.

The above link shows no white wire but it is really terrific for complete mechanical breakdowns especially for the Tecumseh engines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what mine looks like but one of the lighter wires (probably yellow but faded) is hanging loose from somewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did find out that the wire was a ground kill wire and hooks to a small grounding plug under the throttle support bracket. the plug was broken; that's why I didn't know it attached to that. Once the research panned out... I found one at the local small engine shop and for about 3 bucks... it works fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After a little extra research, it turns out it's a 1980 model from "John Deere". I've got it back together now but now I have no real snow! Figures........ I did get the axles taken apart and cleaned up. Some lithium grease on all the shafts and the gearbox has grease and it's spinning real nice.. so it appears I've won this battle with little investment. A good day!
Now I've picked up an MTD Yard Machine 5/22 said to not run (year 2000+/-). After draining all the water out of the fuel system, replacing the carb with an aftermarket one (due to all the corrosion)... it runs pretty good. I'm waiting on the rubber friction disc because the original was worn down to the metal rim (so to speak) Luckily it didn't do much of anything to the metal drive disc. It's got some significant surface rust on the blower housing but I'm going to clean it up a bit and apply some POR-15. That will stop the rust and prevent further decay.
Just a bit more of TLC and I'll have a nice smaller blower to sell or donate to some needy family in the area.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top