Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
it wouldnt be a wisconson i believe thats a robin subaru or wisconson robin. all of those old japanese side valve engines are great put parts are hard to find now

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looked at some pictures Powershift93 posted, seems seller was wrong as it looks like a Mitsubishi. Not sure if it's electric start or not, may go look at it today. Question is, which is better Tecumseh or Mitsubishi?

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Looked at some pictures Powershift93 posted, seems seller was wrong as it looks like a Mitsubishi. Not sure if it's electric start or not, may go look at it today. Question is, which is better Tecumseh or Mitsubishi?
All MITSY Parts are now NLA!!!!!!!! Your best bet is to find a 8hp BRIGGS engine. but if that does not play oot. I guess you are stuck with a tec 1.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I dont think they ever came out with a electric start for the mitsubishi. I like the tecs alot more than the mits and now with the parts being hard to find i would never buy one to use.

·
Super Moderator
9,891 Posts
I have the Toro 828 Mitsu powered prototype that I still haven't found a head gasket for. I would only offer 50-75 bucks for any Mitsu powered machine as there are no parts for the engine. I'm to the point of replacing the engine with a predator or B&S. I have a Predator Hemi in the garage and just found a source for a new 1150 B&S snow engine for 185 delivered. Trying to figure out which way to go.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts