Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really don't know how to approach this...
How many men on here feel that their partner don't understand our need for machines like a snowblower.
Same could be said for how many men on here feel that their partner don't understand our need for sex, but that's a complete other forum topic for Dr Ruth.
When our other says there's a burnt bulb in the bahtroom, she doesn't mean I'll go to the hardware store and get a bulb and I'll replace it. She means "Ah ******* get off your butt and fix this" When she says the bathroom drain flows slowly she doesn't mean "I'll get the tools out and clean the trap" She means "Ah ******* get off your butt and fix this"
I'm 62 and getting real tired of this and have no clue how to get out of this predicament. Leaving behind all that I've worked for all my life is a solution but a very hurting one.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, at 62 and you live and feel like this .... I think you already stayed to long !!
To be fair it was hard for me to leave with 2 baby girls, I couldn't in my hearth see them being raised by a step dad. My girls are doing fine now and I was there for them every step of the way. They have now left home and there lies the delima of this poll. I don't love her anymore and she obviously doesn't care for me at all. I'm just paying for a roof over her head. A steel one at that. Every time I try to talk to her she turns it around on me and I'm somewhat of a wimp caught in a wormhole.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
I vote none of the above. Go to work and make it work. Show her kindness, gentleness, compassion and patience. Treat her like a queen... Your queen.

·
Registered
99 Posts

At 62 why not stick around and make the best of it? And maybe go to counseling.

Agreed. The big D is not always the answer. See if there is marriage counseling available. Definitely worth a try. I'll say some prayers for you.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
579 Posts
I vote none of the above. Go to work and make it work. Show her kindness, gentleness, compassion and patience. Treat her like a queen... Your queen.

I'm with you micah68kj and if you're really lucky..., your wife knows how to pull the starter cord on the single stage and gets your driveway done before you get home from work.., like my does!!!:smile2:

·
Registered
579 Posts
I really don't know how to approach this...
How many men on here feel that their partner don't understand our need for machines like a snowblower.
Same could be said for how many men on here feel that their partner don't understand our need for sex, but that's a complete other forum topic for Dr Ruth.
When our other says there's a burnt bulb in the bahtroom, she doesn't mean I'll go to the hardware store and get a bulb and I'll replace it. She means "Ah ******* get off your butt and fix this" When she says the bathroom drain flows slowly she doesn't mean "I'll get the tools out and clean the trap" She means "Ah ******* get off your butt and fix this"
I'm 62 and getting real tired of this and have no clue how to get out of this predicament. Leaving behind all that I've worked for all my life is a solution but a very hurting one.
keep working at it.., hope it gets better Coby7

·
Registered
654 Posts
Why stay together if you are miserable? She sounds like she won't compromise so maybe it's best to part ways. A relationship is built on trust, respect, and love for each other. If any of those is missing, it just doesn't work. At that point, you are just roommates. I went thru a divorce 35 years ago, it was horrible.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She's on the couch snoring... nobody is voting... only thing saving me right now is my new girl. She just called, will let you know tomorrow how things went!!!

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Well Now Hanging yourself would only give her everything. and what happens if that should not work out just right. you might find yourself in a way worst state than you ever thought possible. TRUST Me I have seen things That Did not go as Planned. From what I have heard neither 2 of you love each other anymore. so if you and her are that unhappy together than it is time to throw in the towel on this 1. There will be a division of assets and who gets the house. but the real kick in the pants is what the lawyers will get for there services. so you might not want to hang up your side job of fixing clusters anytime soon. Another thing you did not mention does she have someone on the downlow??? and does she know about the 1 you keep on the downlow also??????? What do your 2 girls think also???? and for some odd reason I thought you had 3 girls but then again what do I really know??? You might want to have a chat with your doctor if you are feeling Depressed. ANTIDEPRESSANTS Do Help. YOU GOT MY E-MAIL IF YOU NEED/ FEEL LIKE TALKING TO SOMEONE THAT KNOWS ABOUT ANTIDEPRESSANTS. EVERYONE REMEMBER SUICIDE IS NEVER THE ANSWER THERE IS HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Never again, I say!
You know why married men die before there wives....?

Because they want to.:sad2:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Agreed. The big D is not always the answer. See if there is marriage counseling available. Definitely worth a try. I'll say some prayers for you.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Marriage counseling only works if both parties want it to work. I went through this for an entire year, and is was a 'meh....so so". We are still together, but there are days.....let me tell you......where a short rope and a long drop look good.:surprise:

·
Registered
305 Posts
I posted this before....i know.....but I finally figured out why our father and fore fathers did so much for the community.....coaching baseball, hockey, car shows, hunting fishing, cubscouts.....on and on. It wasn't that they were such interested participants in these things.....they simply needed reasons to get the #&%$ out of the house. Truth.:wink2: Its the only way they survived their marriages.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I have a retired friend whose wife says, "I married you 'forever and ever, as long as we both shall live', but I didn't marry you for lunch!!!" Maybe he needs an outside hobby...

·
Registered
686 Posts
You are paying for a roof for over both your heads...she is your wife!!!!

Marriage is a commitment..............COMMIT!!!

If you are really Jonesing.....Go talk to someone like others have said!!!!!

Not sure if you have health insurance or not but I will tell you a quick story about my best friend ...he and his wife were having issues and he called his health insurance company and they told him he was entitled to 8 counseling sessions a year so he took them up on it. So he went by himself to a counselor/psychiatrist

on his own merit/Time... not that there was anything wrong with him....but he talked it through with the counselor and he said it was the best thing he ever did in his life.

He has been married 20 years and that was just a few years into his marriage when he did it. Just a thought...No pressure!

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
I'm with you micah68kj and if you're really lucky..., your wife knows how to pull the starter cord on the single stage and gets your driveway done before you get home from work.., like my does!!!:smile2:
My sweet Bonny wouldn't know a snowblower from a rototiller but it doesn't matter. I don't expect her to know about or use that stuff. She keeps our house nice and clean. A good cook, keeps all my clothes clean and so much more. I can buy all the OPE I want and she just rolls her eyes. Sometimes she even finds blowers or other stuff for me and lets me know about them. We have our moments as do.all marriages but, being married to her I feel like I've won the lottery. I truly wish all married men had it as good as I do.
If ya want to talk, Coby7, you can PM me.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts