Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked once before, I'm building my "last snowblower" I have two 10000 series machines that I've been picking apart, as explained tomy 5th old daughter, I'm building the ultimate snow blower.
One machine has a worm gear, one the sprocket set up to turn the chute, if I'm right the worm gear came later and takes longer to turn chute, that docent bother me, I want endurance, on the large-scale ariens website it shows the same machine and says before and after mods. The mods seem to take the worm gear away and go back to the sprocket. Thought?
Rob

·
Registered
60 Posts
i like the worm better. I feel it is a tougher set up and dont mind cranking a little extra for more duriblity.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I vote for the worm drive also. I like that it stays where you leave it. If you're really building your last snowblower, why not motorize that worm?:icon-cheers:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks, I'm going to go with worm, that bucket is in better shape. I strongly considered powering the chute, Mostly to avoid the interference with the engine, but wanted to use a battery powered drill motor, but the hf engine does not have a lighting coil so I'd have to charge the battery separately, then after time the batteries would crap out. I can crank it. Thanks for your input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts