Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is everybody doing with this issue...?? When you cannot get OEM parts..?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
take some measurements with a caliper......check out princess auto or a place like banta saw.

·
Registered
397 Posts
That "C950" in your Model Number points to it having been manufactured by AMF, Murray or Noma for branding by Sears under the Craftsman name.

You may have better luck searching under one or the other OEMs using the same trailing 6 digits.

·
Banned
474 Posts
Manufacturing snowblowers is not aerospace work where one off custom parts are the order of the day:dry:. Designers generally make snowblowers from commonly available standard sized shafts, bushings, bearings, cables, rods, belts, pulleys, sprockets, chain etc.

Mic up what you need and then do a search for that size.

Jacks Small Engines Search

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
Do you have a part number for the bushings you need ?? If so please post so we can do some looking for you. I've had terrible luck trying to get any craftsman info on the "C"s
Nice and easy to go stock but if nothing is available modifying it to use something generic is always an option. Like HCBPH pointed out going with an aftermarket bearing is always a possibility, sometimes a necessity !!

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanx a bundle to all you guys for the help..!!
I think Taurus04 is right... That appears to be the part I need, but that site is kinda "iffy"... they charge US dollars and do not tell you...!! Nowhere do they say the price is in US $... (shady)...??
They also will not accept any PayPal under $15.00.....So you gotta add something more to your cart....to make up the difference.. (they only do PayPal)..!!
I think they are not nice people, but...if that's the only place to go ....... then I'll make my own bushings....!! They have F'd me before...!!

Thanx guys/gals... Merry Christmas and Happy New year...!!!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have dealt with them before. The US pricing is annoying, but they used to have free shipping so it was pretty much a wash. I can also buy the same parts at my local vendor Halifax Seed. They sell Honda and Toro, but service all makes. Their parts are in Canadian dollars. they can also look up the parts based on the model number. They identified my 1983 craftsman 10/32 as a MTD and printed out the parts pages of the manual for me. Maybe your local dealer can do the same. One can always ask.

You could also search E Bay using the same numbers. I have also done that for carburetors and such.

Good luck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, Thanx man... Happy New Year to you all on here..!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts