Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is starting to get close to that time of year again. Im almost done with the restoration of my Gilson. But anyhow Im not here to talk about that. I wanted to share a site with everyone that you may or may not already know about.

Home

If your skids on your blower are worn out or have had new peices of steel welded to them (like mine did) the skids youll find on this site are more than worth the money you pay for them. I bought my set after the snow had all melted away, even so the quality of the construction is more than what words can describe. Cant wait to get mine in the snow.

Check them out!!

·
Super Moderator
2,689 Posts
Definitely let us know how they work. I'd be interested in seeing results and maybe modify a set to work on mine. Have to think on it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to make my own set similar to these, but with not having a welder or knowing anyone that does anymore I opted for them. I had to drill a new hole in the bucket to get them to fit the way I wanted them to, other than that (If you choose to mount them different) they are direct bolt on. Heres a pic of them mounted....

You can see that I mounted them a little but further forward so that It glides better over cracks and un-even concrete. They fit good before, but I wanted that little extra.

@ HCBPH, you will be the first to know after Ive had them in the snow.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
They definitely look pretty hefty. Looking forward to hearing how they work.

·
Super Moderator
2,689 Posts
Welder

Snowman

If you're ever in need and around the Twin Cities, I have both a 110v mig welder and a hydraulic press. Nothing special or heavy duty but I can well 1/8" plate. I don't mind helping people out if I can (Pay it forward concept).

Paul

·
Registered
756 Posts
I just made a set of Roller Skids for my modified Cub Cadet 11/26, they work so well you can give the snow blower a push and it will roll down the driveway be itself and this machine weighs over 300 lbs. I will post some pics and when I take them.

Carl

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Be interested in seeing those CarlB.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts