Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Craftsman 24 in blower with electric start would like to install LED lights but not finding a wire coming out behind flywheel shield!

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
:welcome: to SBF mss1963

Please don't hyjack someone else's thread. That one was about a carb leaking and doesn't have anything to do with lighting. :moved: Gave you your own thread.:grin:

Do you have a Tecumseh ?? What is the model # of the blower ??
If you don't have a wire down by the starter it's likely you don't have an engine that's producing electricity. You would need to add a stator/alternator and possibly a different flywheel depending on if your's has the magnets and just no stator.

IMHO a head light is nice as it's cheap and easy and as you turn your head so goes the light. If you're looking for something like a border off to the side a blower mounted light might not be as helpful. Just depends on your specific situation.. Second is a bicycle LED headlight attached to the handlebars. Third would be to mount a small lawn and garden battery and use a pair of 18watt or slightly bigger floods but need to recharge after each use.
Two 18 Watt floods are more than enough to be able to see and be seen and give you great spread. You will however see guys with some pretty big & bright lights. We can't help ourselves :devil:

Here is a ton of info and ideas on the subject. - - > https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum/general-snowblower-discussion/6602-upgrading-your-snowblower-lights-led-lights.html

When I said head light this is the style.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
If you don't have a wire down by the starter it's likely you don't have an engine that's producing electricity. You would need to add a stator/alternator and possibly a different flywheel depending on if your's has the magnets and just no stator.
This can be a pretty expensive process, if you needed to buy a stator, and flywheel. Perhaps $150+, plus you have to disassemble the engine somewhat.

A good headlamp is easy to implement, and is also useful for other stuff. This is the one I have:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013COPT6K/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts