Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a chute conversion on a newer Arien's machine and am in need of a good quality, large std thread 3/8x16 wing knob to complete the job. I had ordered Arien's P/N 01019300 but that's no longer available. Like the one in the pic.

I guess I'd prefer an Ariens part but it doesn't really matter as long as its a sturdy, large wing nut/wing knob. Metal preferred but a similar plastic version in the right thread size would work too. I am hoping someone has something tucked away in a parts bin or can pull from a parts machine.

Let me know, I can do Paypal, send check or cash.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
I am doing a chute conversion on a newer Arien's machine and am in need of a good quality, large std thread 3/8x16 wing knob to complete the job. I had ordered Arien's P/N 01019300 but that's no longer available. Like the one in the pic.

I guess I'd prefer an Ariens part but it doesn't really matter as long as its a sturdy, large wing nut/wing knob. Metal preferred but a similar plastic version in the right thread size would work too. I am hoping someone has something tucked away in a parts bin or can pull from a parts machine.

Let me know, I can do Paypal, send check or cash.

Thank you

Did you get your knob issue resolved yet ??
Im new to the site, but not the machines. I just fab up my own ones for my machines. Here is a pixx of a few that im in the process of making up. Just weld in a nut, radius the ends & debur, sandblast & paint Black.
I can send one out to ya, no charge, Just pay it forward to another person in need when the chance presents itself. Please PM me your info and ill get one out to ya ASAP.

Attachments

Reactions: nervous

·
Registered
104 Posts
Did you get your knob issue resolved yet ??
Im new to the site, but not the machines. I just fab up my own ones for my machines. Here is a pixx of a few that im in the process of making up. Just weld in a nut, radius the ends & debur, sandblast & paint Black.
I can send one out to ya, no charge, Just pay it forward to another person in need when the chance presents itself. Please PM me your info and ill get one out to ya ASAP.
I need someone like you that lives nearby!

btw, if you ever do need a quantity of knobs like that, i've purchased them from amazon for fairly reasonable prices:

https://smile.amazon.com/JW-Winco-Aluminum-Clamping-Threaded/dp/B00A9N3NO8/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1479318628&sr=8-5&keywords=3/8"+knob
https://smile.amazon.com/Star-Thru-Hole-Knob-Woodworking/dp/B000UH7Y84/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1479318628&sr=8-11&keywords=3/8"+knob

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
Home Depot, Tractor Supply and such usually have a few of the plastic lawnmower handler style knobs in their hardware section as well.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Just head east for a thousand miles or so... I'm up on the right :wavetowel2:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for their responses, ideas and offers. Thanks to Jackmels for getting me exactly what I needed in a very short time. It's perfect for my needs. Mission accomplished with the conversion, new battery picked up yesterday and now ready for snow! At least the equipment is...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Glad to Help. GL with your machine!

Reactions: nervous
1 - 8 of 8 Posts