Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, I have an xt2 with the 24hp kohler engine. I'm wondering how well this does in wet, heavy, deep snow. Also wondering what size the impeller is and how high it lifts ?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
You will have to go slowly in deep snow and you will need to use fluid film spray to reduce sticking snow.

The three stage units have had a history of breaking shear pins in the second and third stages.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I dont have an attachment, but I do have an xt2 (w/Yamaha) and a 3x snowblower (420cc/26in.)

First thing I would do is unbolt the hydrostat "rear end" and dump the fluid. Replace it with a high quality synthetic. With heavy snow and some grip you'll work the xt2 more than the belly mower ever would.

Google "fluid change Tuff Torq K46". I've never had issues but when i got my xt2 the internet convinced me that the OE fluid needed to be upgraded.

Regarding pins, someone pointed out last year, and i completely agree, the pins arent the weak point, its the slop in the pins that cause a failure from time to time. For reference, I replace about 2 pins a year. It's has almost always been my fault (newspapers...)

I really like the 3x system. As advertised, and without a doubt, it pumps more volume than a 2 stage. I clear my driveway on the highest speed most of the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts