Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have model 7040-1 5 H.P. 24" snow thrower in need of some drive line parts. My right wheel is not engaging due to wear over the last 45 years of use. Looking for part numbers 40073 clutch dog, 40071 clutch sliding dog, and 40069 toothed wheel bushing. Anybody have any leads or thought on obtaining these parts? I appreciate any input. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have model 7040-1 5 H.P. 24" snow thrower in heed of some drive line parts. My right wheel is not engaging due to wear over the last 45 years of use. Looking for part numbers 40073 clutch dog, 40071 clutch sliding dog, and 40069 toothed wheel bushing. Anybody have any leads or thought on obtaining these parts? I appreciate any input. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
725 Posts
You might find something here. The Yahoo! Group seems to have fallen by the wayside. They were were strong for a while.

MTD of course ended up with the name and legacy. I have no idea if they are still sittting on any NOS or have fresh production.

There are very interesting machine, some of the first "full size" units sold.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. No luck at Boston Lawn mower. He did recognoze one of the part numbers and said cost was about $56. I have located a few Snowbird blowers on Craigslist for as low as $100 or $150, but all are a couple hours away so I'd end up spending another $100 in fuel. I may just try to sell mine as is and locate another blower locally. Going to look at a Simplicity today I'm hoping to pickup for about $200.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have some NOS (new old stock) parts for Yardman - Snowbird that include different styles of the drive line parts to that you are referring to that engage/disengage the wheels and another drive line part as well. I also have 2 different size pulleys as well as points and condenser. I just posted pictures of my items on the Appleton craigslist website. The post # is 6790295071. Check it out if you need parts. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have model 7040-1 5 H.P. 24" snow thrower in need of some drive line parts. My right wheel is not engaging due to wear over the last 45 years of use. Looking for part numbers 40073 clutch dog, 40071 clutch sliding dog, and 40069 toothed wheel bushing. Anybody have any leads or thought on obtaining these parts? I appreciate any input. Thank you.
I have ur blower hasent ran in 5 years all original parts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts