Snowblower Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
in the garage
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Get a John Deere, Al mows for free for his YouTube channel.
He mows some really tall nasty stuff.

One of his videos, there may be worse ones then this but you get the ideal.
I wonder how much work he has to do on his JD, never talks about breakdowns.

thats a handy machine to have around, and much more powerful than what i found at my old friend's farm.

old school has a attachment for my Roper YT, it is a 8 hp Breaks and Scrap em 8hp rotary mower, easily hook behind my tractor, just pull and cut.

it looks similar to Chill's machine, instead, the Breaks and Scrap em 8 HP engine is a puller type of machine (hooked behind a tractor is its design), or i was thinking of a dozen goats haha, im not joking, them goats are the best grass mowers we ever had at our farm, ive seen machine go down they still chewing cud like is nothing.love goats.

·
Registered
in the garage
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I wouldn't touch that for less than $60/ hour, you're going to be there a while and will burn some fuel on that yard. I do lawncare on the side and for weekly mowing (mow, trim blow) going rate is $60/ hr average.
i hear what your sayin, the land is overgrown (Bush), old man broke he's 40 inch Commercial mower already, and snap the belt of his mower, and called us.

i will be bringing my Roper 16 HP IC Breaks and Scrap em opposed twin engine for this work, with a 48 inch steel grass deck, we covering ground, thiss will keep me busy for a while,

Fuel is a issue already, trying to limit the cut, and save some for wildlife , but keep his house and its sorrounding neat, trying to save old school some money too.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
i hear what your sayin, the land is overgrown (Bush), old man broke he's 40 inch Commercial mower already, and snap the belt of his mower, and called us.
if the fix was that simple i would possibly be looking at his machine. i feel like replacing a belt is not usually too big of a job. definitely letting it get this high is not very good for a lawn tractor or belt but if you take your time and start with the deck as high as possible it may not be too bad.

·
Registered
in the garage
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Here it is getting busy on some woody sumac. It will chop up anything you can drag it over. Bigger stuff tears the hitch up though with the force it takes to pull it over and as you can see longer stuff hits me in the back.

dang Chils, thats a expensive machine, im sure their great to have, i was looking it up, it might me a little hard to find here up north, but sure there a few here.

·
Registered
76 Posts
To keep transmission lines clear of overgrowth and saplings power companies have resorted to releasing herds of 200+ goats under the power lines as natural brush cutters and grass control. I’m sure a local goat farmer would love to release his goats on that property a few days ! The goats bi products make for wonderful grass next season 😂
Plant Goat Natural landscape Fawn Terrestrial animal

·
Super Moderator
384 Posts
To keep transmission lines clear of overgrowth and saplings power companies have resorted to releasing herds of 200+ goats under the power lines as natural brush cutters and grass control. I’m sure a local goat farmer would love to release his goats on that property a few days ! The goats bi products make for wonderful grass next season 😂 View attachment 199592
We have a local one where they rent the goats out for weed control as well as goat yoga sessions.
Plant Plant community Natural landscape Grass Grassland

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Why in post #42 instead of the quote saying it is by Big Ed, it says by Balwaig Ed as the handle? :oops:

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
You mean like this? Edited by poster.
Why in post #42 instead of the quote saying it is by Big Ed, it says by Balwaig Ed as the handle? :oops:

The quote reference contains a text field for the member name (easily edited), the post number quoted, and the member number (that is actually used for the reference).
e.g. QUOTE="Huge Ed, post: 1842736, member: 1581"
He just typed "alwa" in the middle of "Big".

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Why in post #42 instead of the quote saying it is by Big Ed, it says by Balwaig Ed
I would guess it is because the clicked the wrong spot befor starting to type and realized it fairly quick when stuff wasn't showing on the screen. I have done it before. Usually you don't get too far before noticing

·
Registered
in the garage
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I took a Basement Reno, I let go the acres, people sometimes are not fair.

My new project is also small, but measuring and cutting is my stuff, here what they look like. Wage is a little better than cutting grass at times, here's what they look like.
Lighting Flooring Wood Floor Gas
Wood Cloud Floor Flooring Gas
Wood Floor Fixture Flooring Door
l
Fixture Gas Cylinder Machine Engineering
Fixture Wood Door Composite material Hardwood
Wood Door Flooring Fixture Floor

And this is my first door for today haha.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts