Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this is my first post.
My brother has a yardman snow blower model #31AE573H501 which he figures is about 15 to 20 years old.
Here's the deal, the machine has lost drive in the right hand drive. It has trigger operated steering using 2 planetary gear sets. I disassembled the machine and found that on the side with the problem the splines on the shaft and the sun gear are stripped. I figured not much to that, get a new shaft and sun gear, but I've been told that they are not sold separately and I have to purchase the whole assembly, shaft and two complete planetary gear systems. In this neck of the woods they want about $365 dollars for this. Much more then we're willing to spend.
I thought about having someone weld the sun gear to the shaft. I guess I'm here wondering if anyone else has any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this without spending all that dough. Thanks.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I'd certainly try having it welded up first, rather than pay $365

do a sweep on Ebay though, you may be able to pick that unit up for a song, if someone is parting one out.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from the Keystone State.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
maybe he welded it with a full tank of gas on the blower.... Thus no more posts......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts