Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,668 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The only thing I can find on a snowwolf was a YouTube showing a twin auger unit, is that what you're looking at? Also assuming the 33" references the auger housing width. If both those are correct, I'd do some basic looking at them. Grab one corner of the auger housing and lift and see if there's flex. Take a look at the drive and see how it looks: bushings - plastic or metal, or bearings, same with the auger. I'm guessing it has something like a 10 hp+ motor. Check the condition of the oil, pull the sparkplug and look into the cylinder and see if it looks carboned up or not. Take a look a the friction disc along with the general appearance of the unit. Try starting it by hand and see how easy or hard it is. Does it have electric start or not? How's the condition of the oil? If you have a model number, check on parts availability.

I'm not familiar with that machine, could be great or could be a bust. Maybe post some pictures if you can but assuming it's used, without more info it's really a crapshoot. Let us know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello guys, I dont have a snowwolf, but my yardman is 33" wide 13hp, 1990 unit getting tired though.
Called mtd earlier today and because of the parts prices either scrap it, or go to graingers.
Transmission drive sprockets, chains jumping over so much so unit barely moves now.
I started looking for an older Ariens on craigslist. It needs six sprockets and three chains, really cant tear
into it until spring.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Your driveway could easily overpower a lightweight machine like this one. You don't say where you live, so I can't speculate on annual snowfall, or how many big snows you will have in a season. This past winter has really beat up me and my 27" 10HP Noma. It's old, powerful, efficient, and heavy. ( Like me, I guess. ) And it has labored hard all winter. I just use it around the garage and to access the back side of my house to rake the roof. A plow does the main driveway. I know it's big, but that's lot of work for consumer quality equipment. Good luck, if you get it. It must be a ferocious looking thing.

·
Super Moderator
2,668 Posts
It would help to open a new thread than add onto a prior one on a different blower, unless yours is the same model and you have something to help the original poster. Someone that might help may not look at an old thread if it doesn't match out a machine they know about. That old thread was around a long time.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I believe that is a Three Stage....????

Saw a guy repairing a snowwolf on youtube ....they look mean!!!!
It was secondary to another he was repairing which I believe was a Gilson first.

Does it look like this:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I have not seen one in person but look like a nice blower. Some parts may be hard to get like bushing .

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
If it was a 33" that would be a first. I just recently ran across a 22" Yardman Snow Wolf and didn't know they made the dual auger. The yardman site had a manual for a 22", 24" and 26" auger. It looks pretty much like a Jari-Jaw but a 33" double auger would be something to see. Too bad he never posted again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts