Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5 year old yark work snow blower , in my case the impellor spins as well as the shaft however the augers will not spin. I checked the shear bolts on the auger shafts and they appear ok . I beleive problem is in the gear box which which drives both sides of the augers , But first things first back at the impeller there are two split pins that need to be removed to remove the shaft ..How is this done????? Other units you can hammer the pins out hower there is zero room to do that ..Thanks JIm

·
Registered
756 Posts
it is normally easier to split the blower from the tractor housing and remove the blower pulley and bearing retainer. After removing the auger bearing supports you should be able to pull the entire assembly including the impeller out the front of the blower housing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks that worked , but how does that bearing come off that is betweeen blower assembly and tractor housing ??? it wont slip right through

·
Registered
200 Posts
If yoy are talking about the bearing on the blower housing between the pulley and housing you must take the pulley off the take the bearing covers apart to get it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts