Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone that bought a snowblower from me back in January pinged me out of the blue last week, stating that the one I sold him stopped working. He feared that the gearbox blew up.

He asked me if I'd be willing to remove the Predator 212cc engine from the one I sold him and move it over to his old Ariens 924082 (the old engine on the 924082 had a hole on the side of the block). I agreed to do it and had him bring both machines.

It came out pretty well and he was happy with the result. I got to keep all of the leftover parts.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
One of my personal machines is a ST 824 with the chondra.......15 years its been blowing anything that is in its way. Just digs in when the snow is over the bucket and the sound when its on the governer is music. A Chondra, tall chute , impeller kit and chains...one would never need another snowblower......for some reason..the 6.5 hp Chinese horses seem to have more oomph the the 8 American Tecumseh horses......I think the old flathead B&S 7 or 8 hp engines were more torque and RPM then the Tecs......I'm not going to repower with a 40 year old flathead though......

·
Registered
941 Posts

the 6.5 hp Chinese horses seem to have more oomph the the 8 American Tecumseh horses

oh jeez this is going to start WWIII

1 - 3 of 3 Posts