Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the impeller mod, added a tachometer, made some 1" thick poly skids, and made a drip sheild for the TORO. I started it up yesterday to hit the 10 inches or so in the driveway and was kind of startled by how different the impeller sounds when I was using the machine. It has a VERY different sound than it used to. I'd like to say it made a difference but this storm was not even close to being enough of a test. Thank you to everyone who gave me the inspiration and knowlege to complete the mods on my TORO. :bowing:

·
Registered
579 Posts
different sound? As in good or bad? If bad, spray some lubricant in the impeller housing while the impeller mod "breaks in". On the plus side this mod will do great in any conditions!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not good or bad just clearly different. I'm actually looking forward to some heavy wet snow to see how much of a difference it makes.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
different sound? As in good or bad? If bad, spray some lubricant in the impeller housing while the impeller mod "breaks in". On the plus side this mod will do great in any conditions!

3 min its broken in 5 min tops
hes already used it the fluid would make it take longer to break in you dont want fluid

·
Registered
871 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts