Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I live at 575 feet elevation and my city Moncton lies below me. I can see probably 25-30 miles out and I can see a few trees starting to turn. In a week from now, usually when the queen ants fly south there will be a sudden change in coloration.

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
No real signs on Autumn yet in Western NY..
just a few (very few) leaves beginning to turn color.
Its been a *warm* September so far. :(
Several days in the mid to even high 80's. (29 to 32C)

the air conditioner has been turned on a few times in the past few weeks..boo. :icon-thumbsdown:
Although we are also seeing some days in the 60's and 70's (18 to 24C) which is nice..
bring on Autumn!

Scot

·
Registered
244 Posts
Trees are busy turning colour and dropping their leaves. Some trees are almost bare, I think that they were stressed by the lack of rain.

Need to get the lawn mower out and pick them up.
I'll put them to good use by putting the mulched leaves into the compost bin.

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
Know the feeling. Kicked the thermostat up to 72 to take the chill off yesterday morning. Woke up and it was 66 in the living room.

Seem to have more leaves floating in the pool than on the trees !!

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
when I start looking for a place to store a few motorcycles

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lawn mower is put away, pressure washer has been winterized, travel trailer has been winterized, snowblower maintenance is pretty well done and it’s even snowed here a couple times. Fall sure feels like it’s well under way.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Lawn mower is put away, pressure washer has been winterized, travel trailer has been winterized, snowblower maintenance is pretty well done and it’s even snowed here a couple times. Fall sure feels like it’s well under way.

Lucky ! Here temps have dropped, but I still have 2 or 3 mowing sessions to go. In about a week I'll winterize the pool.

I'm actually looking forward to do the snowblower's maintenance. It'll be the first year where it will be done entirely. My machine dates from 1999, I've had it a few years, but it wasn't before last year that I got the machine's manual detailing what to do. A fellow member of this site gave me a link to it soon after I registered. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts