Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I can only comment on my 8 year old Briggs engine, 13.5 torque, 305cc. I have no complaints. It's a bit of a pig on gas, but it beats shoveling. It starts easily, although I think it has an internal problem with the compression release lobe on the cam shaft. It's tough to pull over with the recoil starter, but the electric starter does the job

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Just drain fuel, run the carb dry, check the oil (oil change in fall before the new season) and cover it up with an old bedsheet to keep the dust accumulation down. Once in a while, I will pull the engine over just to move the innards, but nothing else.

·
Registered
465 Posts
They're not bad. I've seen a few where the compression release fell off the cam or a pushrod got bent but they're mostly decent. I'd still put them under a Chinese clone though and definitely under a real Honda.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
IF you are referring to the one's made across the pond. them I don't know about. but the old school 1's made here in the states. they are bulletproof.:eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k:

·
Banned
1,585 Posts
Their engines are produced by Loncin of China now. Look at Home Depot for a Toro blower when they come back out or look at the mowers on the shelf now. Product of Mexico:facepalm_zpsdj194qh

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Got a 2008 1450 snow series on the Deluxe 30 I use at one of my church buildings. Great engine. I'll be doing a tune up on it before this coming winter. First tune up other than oil change) since I started using it new. Really like how that engine purrs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts