Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you use to work on your push behind mowers and walk behind snowblowers? Do you throw it up onto a work bench? Have you custom made something? I'm looking for ideas on equipping my garage with a bench or something to use to make it easier to work on mowers and snow blowers

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I use the plastic saw horse, and old doors with ratchet straps to keep it all together.

I was fortunate that the previous owner, had replaced the doors and put them in the attic over the garage.

·
Registered
346 Posts
i normally work on the ground but if i do need a outdoor work bench i drop the tailgate on my truck and use it as a work bench
Ah yes...By the looks of it, an old 1st generation dakota. Had two of them, they're great trucks.

+1 on using the tailgate of truck. At least when it's not cold outside.

When I'm in my shop, I pretty much do everything right on the ground and sit on a milk crate. I do, however, have an awesome folding table. Not a card table or anything like that, but something a contractor would use on the job site. It's quite study, has measurements printed right onto it. I'm not exactly sure what it's called but it comes in handy quite frequently

·
Premium Member
5,203 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
i use 2 saw horses with a piece of 3/4 inch ply wood on top and just throw it up on that
I do the same but seeing that I'm just outside of the garage the trunk of the mustang gets used as my second work bench

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome deal! Thank you for the suggestions folks! What's the weight limit on that lifting cart and how much did it cost you?

·
Registered
56 Posts
This is the one I have.

http:/t.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/lifts-stands/1000-lb-capacity-hydraulic-table-cart-60438.html

They also have a 500lb one that would most likely be good enough for snow blower repairs. They were out of stock when I went to get mine so I ended up with the bigger one. I really enjoy having it, I work on a fair amount of lawn mowers and snow blowers for people, and it makes the it a lot easier on the back. :rolleyes:

The added top makes it wide enough so stuff doesn't fall off the sides.

·
Registered
864 Posts
What do you use to work on your push behind mowers and walk behind snowblowers? Do you throw it up onto a work bench? Have you custom made something? I'm looking for ideas on equipping my garage with a bench or something to use to make it easier to work on mowers and snow blowers

I work outside on the concrete patio, or in the gravel driveway.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I work outside on the concrete patio, or in the gravel driveway.
Don't you ever lose small parts in the gravel? I have enough trouble with my concrete floor when I drop something, can't imagine trying to find something I the gravel

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
i hate when i am working on my truck when it is parked on the gravel section of driveway. it can be a nightmare to find anything small when you drop it which is why i usually commandeer the main paved section of the driveway when i need to work on my vehicle. my main work area is generally beside the house. i always work on small engines on the paved section of driveway even if i have to make space or move my truck to do so

·
Banned
1,585 Posts
I can lose a nut/bolt in a clean room:eek: 'Jever search for that **** washer you just had, only to find it on the magnetic tip of your tool:rolleyes:

·
Registered
146 Posts
work benches

I use my motorcycle lift for all my power equipment. It makes everything easier. I have lost count of all the uses besides the obvious as to it's utility.
I'm 53 and my back needs a break. I initially bought it for my Motorcycles maintenance needs of course.
I highly recommend one if you have the space.
I love the thing. :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts